Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.
My WoW pick this week is....
Shadow Study (Soulfinders #1) by Maria V. Snyder
Expected Release: February 24th 2015
Published by Mira
Paperback, 384 pages
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Once, only her own life hung in the balance.
Oddly enough, when Yelena was a poison taster, her life was simpler. But she'd survived to become a vital part of the balance of power between rival countries Ixia and Sitia. Now she uses her magic to keep the peace in both lands and protect her relationship with Valek.
Suddenly, though, they are beset on all sides by those vying for power through politics and intrigue. Valek's job - and his life - are in danger. As Yelena tries to uncover the scope of these plots, she faces a new challenge: her magic is blocked. She must keep that a secret - or her enemies will discover just how vulnerable she really is - while searching for who or what is responsible for neutralizing her powers.
Yes, the days of tasting poisons were much simpler. And certainly not as dangerous
Why I Want To Read It
I really enjoyed this author's Study series, and I'm very interested in discovering Yelena's new adventure. It has been a few years since I've read the books but Marie V. Snyder is such an excellent writer I'm sure I will easily get sucked back into Yelena and Valek's world.

I am looking forward to this one as well. Although it feels slightly weird to suddenly get back into this series after years of no new releases. I still have to read Maria her latest series, I only read the first book. I requested the book on netgalley, but got rejected :(.
ReplyDeleteI've seen this one around a lot and it definitely looks like something I'd enjoy! I've never read anything by the author, but she seems to have a pretty big following. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW!
I'm dying to read this one! I got rejected by NG. I think they hate me. I guess I'll just have to be patient until Feb 24. Why's it so far *cry
ReplyDeleteOH YES! I LOVED this one! Read it through Netgalley already and it was amazing!! Maria weaves in helpful little recaps on the important bits, but it truly is a new story! So forgetfulness isn't a problem! With the way I read, I forget a lot about a lot of books because I read a LOT of books! Hope you love this one too! I'm already dying for the next one!
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)