Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: February 4th 2014
Published by HarperCollins
Kindle Edition, 421 pages
Goodreads
My Rating - ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Description
With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.
The Shatter Me series is perfect for fans who crave action-packed young adult novels with tantalizing romance like Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Legend by Marie Lu. Tahereh Mafi has created a captivating and original story that combines the best of dystopian and paranormal, and was praised by Publishers Weekly as “a gripping read from an author who’s not afraid to take risks.” Now this final book brings the series to a shocking and satisfying end.
My Review
Following a near death experience Juliette looks deep inside and realizes that she doesn't want to be a quiet, timid girl afraid to defend herself any longer. I glad she was finally able to gain confidence, and conquer those inner demons she had been fighting all her life. This pleased me immensely because Juliette's low self esteem was becoming redundant and tiresome. Her character was exceptionally written. I could genuinely feel her emotions and her inner torment.
I loved Warner even more so in this novel. He had self-control, confidence, and ambition. Although, when he spent time with Juliette he behaved in a completely different manner. He 100% believed in Juliet, and that she was capable of extraordinary thing's. It was due to Warner's positive reactions concerning her abilities that Juliet finally managed to embrace the talents she was born with. Also, I just have to mention that Kenji was absolutely fabulous! He was a spectacular friend and helped her work through some issues. He also livened up the story by adding his humorous personality.
The love triangle between Juliette, Warner and Adam was intense and thrilling. I couldn't get enough of it! For me it really spiced up the story. I do still like Adam, however after discovering his true thoughts of Juliette inn Fracture Me, I don't feel the same way I did about him as I did in Shatter Me.
Furthermore, I want to add that this was a phenomenal series! There is emotion, action, mystery and a little steamy romance. I loved this book a tremendous amount and I highly recommend it.
I give this a 5 out of 5 stars

I haven't read any of these, but I've seen tons of reviews and ALMOST bought them during the Book Outlet Boxing Day sale. I didn't read your review too closely because I don't want to ruin anything for myself, but I'm glad you loved it! I'm definitely going to have to pick this series up soon.
ReplyDeleteTracy @ Cornerfolds
This is a fantastic series Tracy, and wonderfully character driven. I highly recommended!!
DeleteI really need to start this series and seeing your five star rating makes me want to even more!!
ReplyDeleteI really hope you do. I would love to hear your thoughts on it Eileen.
Delete5 stars?!!! I need to read this series. I keep meaning to because it seems like everyone loves it. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteEmily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road
I absolutely feel in love with the characters in this book. I hope you give it a chance Emily.
DeleteThis was definitely the best book in the series and I agree with everything you said! Great review :)
ReplyDeleteMost recent post: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-taylor-swift-book-tag.html
Thanks so much for reading my review Anna =) I'm glad to year you loved the book.
DeleteI kind of get tired of dystopian books nowadays. I've been meaning to read this book for a while now but I wasn't ready for another action-packed stories. Hope I can read this soon. It does sounds like a good one! :)
ReplyDeleteThe Book Ponderer
Thanks for stopping by Azee. I hope you get a chance to read this awesome series.
Delete