-->

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas




 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....



A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
Expected Release: February 24th 2015
Published by HarperTeen
Hardcover, 352 pages



Description (from Goodreads)

Rhiannon Thomas's dazzling debut novel is a spellbinding reimagining of Sleeping Beauty and what happens after happily ever after.

One hundred years after falling asleep, Princess Aurora wakes up to the kiss of a handsome prince and a broken kingdom that has been dreaming of her return. All the books say that she should be living happily ever after. But as Aurora understands all too well, the truth is nothing like the fairy tale.

Her family is long dead. Her "true love" is a kind stranger. And her whole life has been planned out by political foes while she slept. 

As Aurora struggles to make sense of her new world, she begins to fear that the curse has left its mark on her, a fiery and dangerous thing that might be as wicked as the witch who once ensnared her. With her wedding day drawing near, Aurora must make the ultimate decision on how to save her kingdom: marry the prince or run.

Rhiannon Thomas weaves together vivid scenes of action, romance, and gorgeous gowns to reveal a richly imagined world … andSleeping Beauty as she’s never been seen before. 



Why I Want To Read It

 I discovered this book while looking through HarperCollins winter 2015 catalogue, and it was love at first sight ♥ It's no secret that I have been going through a big retellings faze and this got moved to the top of my debut authors of 2015 TBR. I have not yet read a retelling of Sleeping Beauty so I'm excited to dive into A Wicked Thing.


6 comments:

  1. that cover looks pretty erm... scary for a sleeping beauty rewrite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited for this one too~ I hope we'll both love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to read this one too! I can't wait for the release date :)
    Here’s my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I'm really excited for this one too. I like that it's a not-so-happily ever after. I'm very intrigued.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOH NICE! Dying to read this one! I love the fairy tales and their retellings and reimagings!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I hadn't heard of this before but since I also love retellings, this has just been added to my TBR :) thanks for sharing!

    Most recent post: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2014/12/new-years-bookish-resolutions-2015.html

    ReplyDelete