-->

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday - The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....



The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
Expected Release: June 9th 2015
Published by Delacorte Press
Hardcover, 368 pages
Add it to Goodreads



Description (from Goodreads)

Sixteen-year-old Nina Kane should be worrying about her immortal soul, but she's too busy trying to actually survive. Her town's population has been decimated by soul-consuming demons, and souls are in short supply. Watching over her younger sister, Mellie, and scraping together food and money are all that matters. The two of them are a family. They gave up on their deadbeat mom a long time ago.

When Nina discovers that Mellie is keeping a secret that threatens their very existence, she'll do anything to protect her. Because in New Temperance, sins are prosecuted as crimes by the brutal Church and its army of black-robed exorcists. And Mellie's sin has put her in serious trouble.

To keep them both alive, Nina will need to trust Finn, a fugitive with deep green eyes who has already saved her life once and who might just be an exorcist. But what kind of exorcist wears a hoodie?

Wanted by the Church and hunted by dark forces, Nina knows she can't survive on her own. She needs Finn and his group of rogue friends just as much as they need her.




Why I Want To Read It

This story sounds chillingly, spine tingling. I found Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series rather dull, but I'm willing to give this author another chance. The part about the black-robed exorcists run by a brutal church has my interest peaked!
 

3 comments:

  1. OOOohhh soooo eager for this one! Feel like it's been forever since we had a new Rachel Vincent book!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of her books so I really want to try this! It sounds a little bit creepy but exciting~ Great pick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rachel Vincent, you should read her Shifters series, it's SO GOOD! It's one of my favorite series. I'm really excited to read The Stars Never Rise. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete