I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1)
by Pittacus Lore
Narrated by Neil Kaplan
Release Date: August 3rd 2010
Published by Harper Collins Audio
Goodreads
My Rating - ✯ ✯ ✯
Description
Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.
Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.
But they know.
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.
I am Number Four.
I am next.
My Review
I was interested in reading this book since the movie was first released a few years ago. The sci-fi elements in the movie intrigued me, which had me wanting to give the series a shot. Although this book did in fact have a mysterious and captivating concept, I was disappointed that a large chunk of the book was about bullies, crushes, and general high school drama.
Unfortunately, I wasn't fond of the MC John Smith/4. Although he had interesting legacies (alien powers), and an intense back story, he was rather dull. On the bright side, Andre was a fantastic, loyal man, and I adored Bernie Kozar! The world building was there, and even though I didn't like the MC there were still interesting and believable characters present in the book. Which also included Sarah and Sam.
Consequently, there was a tremendous amount of description in the fight scenes. At times I would be anxious for it to just end. However, because I did still like the concept of the novel, I give this a 3 out of 5 stars.

I also saw this movie when it came out but it didn't interest me enough to pick up the book. The movie definitely wasn't about all that high school drama though! I hate being let down by a book I want to like! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteTracy @ Cornerfolds
I really liked the movie, it had a lot more mystery and action then the book did.
Deletenice post! I nominated you for the sisterhood of the world bloggers award :) pls check it out!
ReplyDeletehttp://karinysteenbooxfrenz.blogspot.com/2014/12/rules-1-thank-blogger-that-nominated.html
Thanks so much for thinking of me Kariny =D
Delete