-->

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....



An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Expected Release: April 28th 2015
Published by Razorbill
Add it to Goodreads



Description (from Goodreads)

Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier— and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.

Vow your blood and body to the empire.

Keep your heart for yourself. 




Why I Want To Read It

This book sounds thrilling. I've already begun hearing fantastic reviews for it, which has propelled it into my need to read ASAP pile.

20 comments:

  1. OOOh nice! This is new to me but I have been seeing it around lately! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It us getting a lot of hype, which is definitely getting me excited to read it. thanks for stopping by Jessica.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard about this book before but it looks really interesting so thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/december-plans.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are very welcome Anna I'm always happy to help =D

      Delete
  3. Yessss! I wasn't that sure on it when I first saw it, but it's growing on me AND THAT COVER. <3

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, The cover is fabulous! Thanks for visiting Kristy.

      Delete
  4. I've had my eye on this one and it looks so interesting! The cover is just amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the concept Tracy. I haven't read many books about the Romans but I have read some non fiction.

      Delete
  5. So much yes! I've been hearing good things about this one lately too! It's been on my list for awhile and I can't wait to read it. I love the idea of the Romanesque world. Great choice!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Cassi. I hope the hype is all true.

      Delete
  6. This sounds right up my alley, plus the cover is to die for!

    Here's my WoW for the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my WoW this week Jocelyn =D

      Delete
  7. There seem to be lots of hype around this one making me excited too! Can't wait to see what everyone thinks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping to scoop up an arc of this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete
  8. Great pick! I hope you enjoy it. here' s mine

    I also have a $30 amazon giftcard giveaway going on, so check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Danica. I will hop on over to your page =)

      Delete
  9. It had me at "Rome-like"! Everything about this book sounds amazing and I can't wait for it to come out :D Thanks so much for sharing!

    My WoW
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, same here Zareena! I read Romelike and I instantly wanted it.
      Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  10. Omg, this is at the top of my To-Read list for next year!! I love that one of the main characters is a scholar, and one of my blogger friends just got her hands on an ARC and I cannot wait to steal it from her! LOL Excellent pick!

    Here's my WoW: The Conspiracy of Us

    ReplyDelete