Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky #1) by Megan Crewe
Release Date: October 28th 2014
Published by Razorbill Canada
Hardcover, 336 pages
Source: NetGalley
Goodreads
My Rating - ✯ ✯ ✯
Description
Seventeen-year-old Skylar has been haunted for as long as she can remember by fleeting yet powerful sensations that something is horribly wrong. But despite the panic attacks tormenting her, nothing ever happens, and Sky’s beginning to think she’s crazy. Then she meets a mysterious, otherworldly boy named Win and discovers the shocking truth her premonitions have tapped into: our world no longer belongs to us. For thousands of years, Earth has been at the mercy of alien scientists who care nothing for its inhabitants and are using us as the unwitting subjects of their time-manipulating experiments. Win belongs to a rebel faction seeking to put a stop to it, and he needs Skylar’s help--but with each shift in the past, the very fabric of reality is unraveling, and soon there may be no Earth left to save.
My Review
Ever since the disappearance of her older brother Skylar was determined to become more aware of what was going on in the world around her. This resulted in an extreme feeling of "wrongness" of the surroundings and people around her. It was actually the direct results of interference from an alien species.
After Win, one of these aliens, witnessed one of her anxiety attacks, he reveals himself to her and asked for her assistance in freeing all human beings from being meddled with by his people in their search for a new home.
I liked the main character, Skylar. She's has a few OCD quirks, but that's one of the elements that I liked about her. Even with the fear of the unknown, and her trepidation at the beginning, she travels with Win eager to be of assistance with her unique advantage. I also enjoyed the side story of what happened to Skylar's brother.
In my opinion, this time travel/Mystery novel was a pleasant read. I enjoyed the time travel adventure. Although I did find the pacing slow and the plot confusing at times.
I give this a 3 out of 5 stars.
Purchase link
Amazon

I hadn't heard of this one yet. It sounds very intriguing. And I'm glad you enjoyed it even if it may have been a little slow. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my haul.
You're quite welcome! Thanks so much for reading ♥
Delete