-->

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Feature & Follow - Do decide in advance what to read for the upcoming month?



  The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! The purpose of this meme is to find and gain new followers. So follow me and I will follow you =)

 This week I have the pleasure of being a feature. Yays!!. Each week the feature's are asked 5 interview questions. Here are my answers:

When did you start blogging?

I've been happily blogging since March 2013. It's been almost two years, and I'm still absolutely loving it.

What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Hmm, it's hard to pick. I will say finding bookish friends, and the free books =D

What type of books do you mainly blog about?

The majority of the books I review are YA. My favourite genres right now are retellings, dystopian and science fiction.

What is your favorite book(s)?

A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin
Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

The best thing that has happened to me besides meeting a lot of new and awesome people, has been that I've been in contact with a few of my favourite authors. I love being able to chat with them and ask questions. Also I do love getting book mail from publishers =D

This Weeks Question/ Topic



Do you decide in advance what you read for the coming week or month? Why / why not?



  I don't like to get to far a head of myself because I am awful at sticking to my TBR. However, I do try and selected what book's I would like to read in a month. I always seem to have book's that are waiting to be reviewed for a publisher, but I like to sneak in some of the books that I've been interested in reading.

Nothing is ever set in stone. I never want to turn reading into a chore, so I usually read according to what I'm in the mood for. That's why I only pick out a few titles per month, because my TBR list is forever changing.


38 comments:

  1. Congrats on being featured! I usually go my reading mood as well when picking my books.
    Old GFC follower and now following you by email
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for mood readers Lol. Thanks for dropping by Jess :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the feature!

    Same here, I can't seem to stick to my to-read list. Maybe because I keep buying books even though I still have like 10 books waiting!

    New GFC follower! <3

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem Gail. No matter how many I have on the go,I just can't seem to stop myself from buying more.

      Delete
  3. Hurray! Congrats on being a featured blog! I'm the same way as you. The only ones I stick to are books for review and that's just because I don't have a choice! Old follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously it is important to me to make sure that I read my books for review, but every once in awhile those get bumped as well.

      Delete
  4. This is why I can't read ARCs.... I have so many other books to read I just don't have time for those and would never plan them in!! Congrats on being featured!

    Angie

    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting Angela. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being featured. I'm a mood reader myself.
    Old bloglovin follower.

    Here is my FF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More mood readers? I love it!
      Enjoy your weekend Sharon.

      Delete
  6. YES! Another mood reader! Just like me! Congrats on being featured! RSS follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being featured! YAY! I'm like that too! My reading queue is never set in stone because like you said, reading is for fun! Not a job! Though if I could be paid and get the benefits for reading and reviewing books, I'd so do that too! LOL!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Jessica. But right now I am quite content with getting free books :)

      Delete
  8. Congrats!!! You have great answers! I'm more organized than mood reader as you and Johannah, sometimes I want just to grab random book and forget my schedule.
    :D
    Old follower,my FF:
    Books are my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do write down in my blogger organizer the books I plan on reading but if I go too far ahead then I need to start scratching things out and I despise doing that. If only I could stop changing my mind :/

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the feature. I'm an old follower. I like to be flexible too -- but I do have a schedule -- I'm a list maker, so it's only natural. Here’s my F&FF..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do enjoy making lists Annette. Whether or not I stick to them however is a different story :)

      Delete
  10. Congrats on being the feature!

    I create a loose schedule too, something that's allowed to change as the month progresses. I find it helps with my memory to have a list so I can achieve my goals, or so I can pick something quickly when I'm stumped on what to read next.

    Bloglovin' follower :)
    Here's my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes books can get forgotten about even though I had been anticipating them. That's why I find lists useful.

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the feature! I only read what I want to, too, though I need a shedual to try and actually read it :) Exisiting GFC follower! Here's my FF! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by! Have a terrific weekend.

      Delete
  12. Yayyy congrats on being featured Monique!! I need to start Shatter Me! Just need to buy the book #1 first lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely must Eileen! I would love to know your thoughts on the series. Juliet is such a emotional and realistic protagonist.

      Delete
  13. YEAH! Congrats on being featured.

    I also try to toss in some other books with the review books I have. That's one of the reasons why I plan things out. I like having a series to marathon along with the ARCS.

    Happy FF! Old follower.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you keep to a crazy schedule Cassi. I have no idea how you do it. Thanks so much for dropping by have a terrific weekend!

      Delete
  14. extremely rarely will I except a book that needs to be reviewed and less than a months time. I am never completely sure what my crazy schedule is going to be like and I want to be sure that I will have a book read by its deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OHMYGOD I LOOOOOOVE THE LUNAR CHRONICLES AS WELL OMG
    I recently finished the third book and im dying to read Fairest :[ Btw im a new Follower :]

    Johnny @ http://burnishbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read the novellas? They're fantastic as well! Thanks for following Johnny =)

      Delete
  16. Same here. I can plan about a month ahead if I'm doing a lot of review requests. If it's just my personal reading choices then that's pretty up in the air. www.thebookcove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving a comment Jessi.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  17. Congrats on being featured!

    New G+ follower :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so bad at sticking to my TBR as well! Congratulations on being featured, I'm a new bloglovin follower.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone Krystianna, I'm pretty bad myself. Thank you for following :)

      Delete
  19. Congrats on being featured!!:) I love retellings as well!!:) One of my favorite retellings is Fairest by Gail Carson Levine.
    New follower via GFC. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it so I'm definitely going to check it out. I can never get too much of retellings =) thanks for stopping by and following.

      Delete
  20. How awesome, you're the feature!

    Just stopping by to say Hi and follow you.

    Always,
    Elizabeth @ Stuffed Shelves

    ReplyDelete