Today I am very happy to be a stop on the Supernova blog tour, hosted ny Shane @ Itching for Books. You can find all of the stops on the tour here Tour Stops
Supernova by Elizabth Sharp
Release date - October 13th 2013
Buy it here: Amazon
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
On Cleo’s first day at St. Aloysius Gonzaga Academy, things get pretty weird pretty fast. After being confronted by a strangely hostile boy, she meets two girls and instantly bonds with them. Before long danger threatens the entire student body, in the form of a soul eating possessor fae. When her brother is savagely beaten and left in a coma, the girls decide to use their fae powers to become superheroes and stop the possessions. They quickly learn things are a lot more complicated than they had ever imagined. A government plot that had begun when they were infants endangers them all, and a demented former soldier bent on revenge is after them. The line between friend and foe has become so blurry, Cleo has no idea who she can trust. Will their superhero plot help them save the day, or just get them killed?
Favourite quote
"I want to be a super hero." She ducked her head, her cheeks flushing as she waited for us to laugh. I grinned "You'd be kick-ass."
My Review
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Cleo, Violet and Charlotte met at St. Aloysius Gonazago Academy. A place where the majority of the student body is made up of kids with fae backrounds. Much to the surprise of the girls they each developed an instant connection and quickly became close friends. Soon the girls discover that their friendship wasn't a random meeting, that their futures have been intertwined for a long time.
I thought that this story was charming, witty, and packed with action. Supernova has the ability to keep you reading until the magical ride is over. This was a light and refreshing read vs the dark post apocalyptic, dystopian books that i have been enjoying lately.
The idea of the girls becoming super heroes is what initially grabbed my interest in this book> that and the great cover. I love the idea that they wanted to use their powers to help people. Putting on their kick ass costumes and jumping in head first may have been a little naive, but they still wanted to stick with it and learn to do better.
The story is told from Cleo, Violet and Charlotte's POV with Cleo getting the majority of the chapters. I enjoyed reading about each of the girls equally and I wouldn't be able to pick a favourite. I would have liked to see a little more character development for Violet and the guys, but I was still able to make a connection with them because of their awesome personalities.
I enjoyed the Fae aspect of the store as well. there was just the perfect amount of description about each of the character diverse fae powers that they story remained interesting instead of becoming confusing. I also liked that the characters thought and acted like the average teenager, and I was happy to see some authentic interactions with their parents. Although I didn't approve of how quickly the parents " bowed down " to the girls outbursts. They made decisions in an attempt to keep their kids safe, and they should have stuck to their guns.
I really did love many aspects to this story. There was the friendship, comedy, teenage angst along with mystery. All of this was helped along by great pacing and fabulous decals that adore each of the chapters.
I give this a 4 ½ out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ½
About the Author:
Elizabeth has a near crippling Facebook addiction, dwarfed only by her need for Dr. Pepper. A self-proclaimed techno geek, she loves cell phones, computers, tablets and all things technological. The internet has to be the greatest invention since the wheel, in her opinion. She lives in a quiet subdivision with her husband, one-year-old son, three cats, and far too many electronics. It’s quite possible she has some raccoon in her DNA, because she loves glitter and anything that sparkles. She enjoys making jewelry and costumes. Halloween is her favorite holiday since it’s the one day of the year that you can be whatever you want. But her first love will always be writing. Otherwise, hearing voices in her head would make her feel schizophrenic.
somesharpwords.blogspot.com | twitter.com/SomeSharpWords
About the Author:
Elizabeth has a near crippling Facebook addiction, dwarfed only by her need for Dr. Pepper. A self-proclaimed techno geek, she loves cell phones, computers, tablets and all things technological. The internet has to be the greatest invention since the wheel, in her opinion. She lives in a quiet subdivision with her husband, one-year-old son, three cats, and far too many electronics. It’s quite possible she has some raccoon in her DNA, because she loves glitter and anything that sparkles. She enjoys making jewelry and costumes. Halloween is her favorite holiday since it’s the one day of the year that you can be whatever you want. But her first love will always be writing. Otherwise, hearing voices in her head would make her feel schizophrenic.
somesharpwords.blogspot.com | twitter.com/SomeSharpWords

Great review. Thanks so much for participating.
ReplyDeleteThanks for including me Shane, I enjoyed participating :-D
ReplyDelete