-->

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Review - Saving Raphael Santiago by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan



Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles, #6) by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan
Release date - September 17th 2013
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books
ebook, 40 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

A Manhattan teen—Raphael Santiago—is missing, and Magnus Bane must track him down before it’s too late.

In 1950s New York City, a distraught mother hires Magnus Bane to find her missing son, Raphael. But even if he can be found, is Raphael beyond saving?


My Review

 In this edition of the Bane Chronicles we find Magnus in New York during the 1950's. A distraught mother came to him, terrified that her son has fallen into the clutches of daemons. Her son is Raphael Santiago. After hearing the desperate plea from the boys mother, Magnus vows to bring him back home to her. He's just not sure exactly what kind of boy he will have become.

 I loved reading about Magnus and Raphael's time spent together. Their friendship was actually quite funny. They each appeared to show by insulting the other one, but I never felt any actual hatred in their conversations.

 I have actually been curious about Raphael ever since I was first introduced to his character in the Mortal Instruments series. I wanted to know his back story, and what it was that made him such a bad ass. I found the answer to both of these questions in this novella. Raphael was the star of the story for me. His fierce determination to conquer all the things that make him weak was amazing.

 As always the comic relief that Magnus brings to the story was superb. As I've said before I love Magnus' character in every role he plays.
I give this a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

Buy it here: B&N | Kobo

You may also be interested in these reviews



What Really Happened in Peru | The Runaway Queen

Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale  | The Midnight Heir | The Rise of Hotel Dumort by Cassandra Clare, Sara Rees Brennan & Maureen Johnson


Places you can find the authors 
Links

Cassandra Clare
Website | Twitter | Goodreads


Sarah Rees Brennan
Website | Twitter | Goodreads


Butterfly Charm photo Moniquebcharm.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment