-->

Saturday, June 21, 2014

For the love of Percy Jackson



  I am a HUGE fan of Percy Jackson! I even love that cutie Logan Lerman that portrays him on the big screen. I've read all the books, and I've seen all of the movies. The books were all complete awesome sauce, I loved the intricate storyline, the mystery kept me on the edge of my seat and all the lovable (and hilarious) characters won my heart. The movies? They were just ok.

  I've read all of Rick Riordan's tweets  as well as the content on his  website often enough to know that he had no part in making the movies. I think that's a big shame, the movies probably would have done a lot better with some input from the author. They somehow managed to lose the creative magic that Riordan captured, as well as the humor, which was a big draw for me in the novels.

  One good thing about the movies (The Lightning Thief & Sea of Monsters) was like I said above, Logan Lerman as Percy. I thought he was perfect for the role. I was however not a fan of  Alexandra Daddario as Annabeth. She always looked to old for the role to me. Could there be a third movie in the future? I'm not positive. I do know that Lerman was contracted to make three of the Percy Jackson movies but there seems to be know definite answer on if its a no or a go.

  All of the books were so well written that I flew through the first five in the series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, in a very short time. Soon after that I discovered the Heroes of Olympus, a new line up of books featuring Percy Jackson and 6 other important demi gods. I once again devoured this book and all the others following in the years since.

Quote:
“God alert!" Blackjack yelled. "It's the wine dude!Mr. D sighed in exasperation. "The next person, or horse, who calls me the 'wine dude' will end up in a bottle of Merlot!” ― Rick Riordan, The Titan's Curse
Dionysus and Blackjack are two of my favourite side characters :-)

     I've got Percy on the brain again waiting for the final book in the Heroes of Olympus series to come out in the fall. The Blood of Olympus is going to be such a bittersweet moment for me. I want to read it soooo bad, but I am incredibly sad to have to say goodbye to these characters. I've grown very attached to these guys, minus Jason and Piper, I'm not a big fan of them.

Here's the cover and synopsis for The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan.
Expected release date: October 7th 2014



  Are you a fan of Percy Jackson? If you are share with me your thoughts on the movies and the books.



No comments:

Post a Comment