-->

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - Talon by Julie Kagawa




  Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....





Talon (Talon #1) by Julie Kagawa
Expected Release date - October 28th 2014
Published by Harlequin Teen
Hardcover, 400 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.





  So far I've read two different series by Julie Kagawa, The Iron Fey and The Blood of Eden. I really enjoyed both of them and I would love to read more of Julie's books. Plus I do really like a story that includes dragons =).



 What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.


5 comments:

  1. I don't think this one is for me but I hope you enjoy it!
    Here's my WoW!
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/06/waiting-on-wednesday-tomorrow-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seen this book around quite a bit. I'm still not sure if I'm interested but the more I see of it I sort of change my mind. Cool pick!
    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'v seen a lot of people who are excited for this one, and I agree, because DRAGONS :)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing choice. I mean.. dragons walking among us as people? So cool! I'm definitely waiting on this one as well. It sounds like such a unique and interesting fantasy story!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete