-->

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Reading It Old School




  You don't need me to explain to you all of the huge leaps and bounds that technology has brought to the plate when it comes to reading. But I will say that I have completely and utterly embraced it. I love my reading devices! Like, a lot! I remember being a little girl watching Star Trek (TNG) and being mesmerized by the tablet's that they read everything on. Little did I know I was looking into my future (the tablet, not space exploration ;) ).

   I have a kobo, a tablet, a laptop and an iPhone. I read on every one of them, oh the convenience!! I buy ebooks and can easily borrow multiple books from the library with my Overdrive app. Plus most times I'm able to get better deals on ebooks and find books that aren't carried by my local bookstore.

  Even with all of the awesomeness of reading with technology, I do miss holding my physical copies. Which leads me back to my topic for this post, Reading it old school. I am officially unplugging myself from reading on my devices, hopefully, for the summer. I have an abundance of books from impulse buys and gifts piling up on my tiny little bookshelf, and I would reading like to start reading them.

  Here they are:


The Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt 
Legend & Prodigy Marie Lu 
Mila 2.0 by Debra Drizda
Shatter Me & Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi 
After the End by Amy Plum 
Guardian by Alex London 
These Broken Stars by Megan Spooner 
(City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare is not pictured. It's currently on loan to a friend.) 

  My first pick is Legend. I've already started it and it's fantastic so far. I even decided to use one of my sweet new bookmarks from my collection.
I opted for this one.

I like what it says and it's big and sturdy, so that's a pro. It's from The Pledge by Kimberly Derting. I've never read it, but I would like to. If anyone has read it let me know what you thought.

  I really hope I can stick to my unplugged rule, but alas things do happen. I have Opposition by Jennifer Armentrout pre ordered on my Kindle app, so you know I'm reading that the second it comes in (omg I'm so excited!). This has also changed some of the books at the top of my tbr for the summer, but I don't care. It's my tbr and I can change it if I want to :). Do you think you could go the whole summer unplugged from your reading devices....or at least most of it? Wish me luck. I may need it =S.




7 comments:

  1. This is something I need to do. I bought a kindle a couple of weeks ago and I adore reading on it. It is so easy and I can wizz through books a lot quicker. The only thing is that I am neglecting all of my physical copies. Both review and my own. Another thing that is annoying is that I keep buying both ebooks and physical ones.

    I think I am gonna try half and half this summer!

    Thanks for sharing! :) xxx

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep buying them too! But I really wanted a chance to devote myself to my physical copies for now. Good luck tackling those physical books. Thanks so much for reading =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Legend trilogy and These Broken Stars. That's a great TBR list you have there. I hope you enjoy them all =)

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amie =) I'm really enjoying the Ledgend series right now.
      Thanks for checking out my post.

      Delete
  4. I really feel the pressure to read from my ereaders (i have a Nook, Kindle, and iPad) and my physical books because I feel bad neglecting one for the other. However, I think it's more pressing to get through physical books first simply because they're piled up in my room and my room is small! I need the space! lol. So, I developed the 2-1 rule. For every 2 physical books I read, I allow myself 1 ebook. That way they both get read and I can make a bigger dent in my physical pile. If you give in and start using your ereaders again, maybe you can adopt a rule like that?

    Enjoy your books!
    -Ashley
    What's Your Story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fabulous idea Ashley! I'm so happy that you shared it with me =D that is definitely something I can work with and will adopt in the future.

      Delete