-->

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - What I Dislike About Romance Novels.





 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at   The Broke and the Bookish Romances aren't really my thing anymore. I went threw a huge faze when I was a teenager, so I think I've got my fill. However, every so often I do get that inkling for something mushy. There are unfortunately a few things that turn me off of the genre, which leads me to This weeks Topic:

Top Three Things I Dislike When It Comes To Romances.


- Insta Love

 I can't stand it when characters conveniently and unrealistically fall madly in love within the first few chapters. I much prefer to read how they fell in love over a period of time.

- Repetitiveness

  It all starts to bleed into the same thing eventually. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, have a fight, fall back in love. Then they get married and have babies. At least this is my experience with adult romances.

- Cheesy Covers

 The #1 thing I dislike the most about romance novels are that the majority of them have the most horrid covers. This is also something I've mainly noticed with adult romances.


 What do you think of my list this week. Leave me a comment and share your link so I can check out your top ten.

11 comments:

  1. This week was a tough one. I had trouble thinking of ten things either way (like or dislike). Every time I thought of something I liked, I'd think of a time when it didn't work and when I'd think of something I didn't like I'd immediately think of an example of when it did work. I think it comes down to the book and the author's abilities. I do totally judge books by covers sometimes though, so a cheesy cover just makes me roll my eyes and laugh. I cheated a little this week and modified the topic. Here's my TTT

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some trouble this week as well Michelle, which is why I could only come up with 3 =\

      Delete
  2. Cheesy covers is a good one. Like why?!? Haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You think they would know how awful they are and just stop doing it already.

      Delete
  3. Cheesy covers is a great point and something I didn't think of! I know the saying goes that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but sometimes with romance covers it's hard not to!
    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try very hard not to judge romances by their covers but like you said sometimes its hard not to. Thanks for commenting =)

      Delete
  4. Yup! All excellent points! Cheesy covers are pretty bad too! Thank goodness I can usually hide those with a hide a cover!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I do read romance its usually an ebook, so I'm not forced to always see the cover.

      Delete
  5. Great post! Insta-love is the bane of my existence and I'll often put down books because of it. If only authors knew this...

    My tuesday post: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/teaser-tuesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Thanks so much for visiting =)

      Delete
  6. I agree with all of these! I hate insta-love; it's so fake and unrealistic. And romance covers have become so over the top these days, they're hard to take seriously!

    ReplyDelete