-->

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday - Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....



Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan 
Expected Release: June 2nd 2015
Published by Dutton Juvenile
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

A delicious tale of revenge and identity from Carrie Ryan, the bestselling author of The Forest of Hands and Teeth

In the wake of the deadly devastation of luxury yacht Persephone, just three souls remain to tell its story—and two of them are lying. Only Frances Mace, rescued from the ocean after torturous days adrift with her dying friend Libby, knows that the Persephone wasn’t sunk by a rogue wave as survivors Senator Wells and his son are claiming—it was attacked.

To ensure her safety from the obviously dangerous and very powerful Wells family, Libby’s father helps newly orphaned Frances assume Libby’s identity. Frances has spent years in hiding, transforming herself into Libby, and she can no longer allow the people who murdered her entire family and Libby to get away with it. After years of careful plotting, she’s ready to set her revenge plans into motion—even if it means taking down the boy she’d once been in love with: the senator’s son.

The game has just begun, and Frances is not only playing dirty, she's playing to win. 

 



15 comments:

  1. Nice! Been seeing this one a lot lately! Saw it on Netgalley too! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jessica =) thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Good choice! I just read a MG that Carrie Ryan co-wrote and I really like it. This one definitely sounds interesting and I'm hoping to check it out.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me of the TV show Revenge. I think the concept will do better as a book, so I'm interested in checking this book out. Thanks for visiting Cassi ♥

      Delete
  3. Ooooh! I loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth so I'll definitely keep my eye on this one! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you've enjoyed this author before Tracy. I've heard of her but never read any of her books before. Thanks so much for dropping by =)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the sound of this! I can't wait to try it. I haven't read The Forest of Hands and Teeth yet, but I've heard great things about it :) Hope you love it, Monique!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the concept as well Alma, its so fascinating. Thank you for visiting my WoW =D

      Delete
  5. I love Carrie Ryan and I'm definitely excited to read this one! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I'm excited to try her writing.

      Delete
  6. Awesome choice. I saw it on Netgalley as well. This does indeed sound very good.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it on NetGalley too Grace. Luckily I was approved for an arc from the publisher, I should get it in a few weeks.

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous cover! The summary sounds intriguing. Adding this one to my TBR list. Great pick Monique. :)
    Old follower
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's an ARC of this coming my way, eek I'm so excited!!! I haven't read her other series (The Forest of Hands and Teeth) but if I like this, I'll definitely pick that up! :D

    Hope you like this when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasnt thrilled with her other series, but this one sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete