Brooke (Under the Never Sky #2.5) by Veronica Rossi
Release date - November 26th 2013
Published by HarperCollins
Ebook, 82 pages
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Set just before the events of Into the Still Blue, the conclusion to Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky trilogy, this breathtaking novella is a satisfying stand-alone for new readers as well as an exciting glimpse at favorite characters from the trilogy. Pulsing with romance and danger, Brooke will leave readers desperate for the conclusion to this epic and unforgettable saga.
The only fight she can't win is the one for Perry's heart. Following the stunning climax in Through the Ever Night, the Tides have been forced to seek shelter from the Aether storms in a dismal, secluded cave. But Brooke's memories of the cave go back much further, to when she and Perry used to come here together. That was before Perry fell in love with Aria and before Vale's dealings with the Dwellers altered the course of the Tides forever.
Now, with her sister back from a haunting year in captivity and Aria lying unconscious in the sick bay, Brooke struggles to put the pieces of her life back together. Without Perry, who is she? And what is her role in this frightening new world? As these questions swirl about her, an old threat to the Tides resurfaces, and Brooke is forced to put the lives of her people before her own. But in taking this step outside of herself, Brooke may finally discover what she truly wants.
My Review
Out of all the characters that could have a story written in their own POV I was least excited for one about Brooke. Cinder, Talon or even Soren would have been more interesting. But after reading this novella I rediscovered that old saying, you can't really understand a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes.
Brooke's whole bad attitude stems from her jealousy of Aria over Perry. He was her first love and she's not happy that he chose Aria over her. Brooke is pretty mean but it is a completely natural first reaction to being left for another. The problem is that she needs to find a way to move forward with her life and come to terms with the way things have turned out. That's what play out in this story.
I see Brooke in a different light after reading her story. She's still not my most favourite character but I do like her. I hoping that things will start to get better for her.
I give this a 3 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯

Huh, I didn't know this series had novellas! I will have to find them. Thanks for your review!
ReplyDelete