-->

Monday, October 20, 2014

#Review - Champion by Marie Lu



Champion (Legend #3)
by Marie Lu
Release Date: January 1st 2013
Published by Speak
Goodreads
My Rating - ✯ ✯ ✯ ½

Description

He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

 But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.


My Review

 In my opinion Champion was an intriguing conclusion to a enjoyable trilogy.  Anden, the new elector is leading the Republic with Day supporting him. The mess that the former elector had made of the Republic and its citizen's had been proving to be more difficult to clean up then he had originally anticipated. Even with Day's stamp of approval and June working with him as the Princeps-Elect. With the threat of the Colonies of America's impending invasion some drastic measures and sacrifices needed to be made.

 I had high expectations for this novel, seeing as I immensely  enjoyed the previous books in the series. Although I did feel slightly let down as I found that the story dragged in parts. I did, however, still love the characters. Day looking out for his brother Eden (Eden taking care of Day), were heart warming additions to the story. Also it was wonderful to finally receive a glimpse into a few intimate moments between Day and June.

 Furthermore, I was not ecstatic about the way this book ended, It just wasn't how I envisioned it. After thinking about it more the ending grew on me. I came to relish in the fact that Day and June could have an opportunity to start over. This was an enjoyable read with tons of action, an emotional storyline, and a small amount of romance.

 I give this a 3 ½ out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing this series for a long time, waiting around for... something. The third book in a trilogy is always a little tricky. There's never a good way to please everyone! I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the ending :( I might still have to read this series though. It seems like you did enjoy the book overall. Thanks for sharing!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did really like this series overall. The main characters were great and the plot was thrilling. I just felt cheated about the ending =(. I would love to hear your thoughts if you read it.

      Delete