The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! The purpose of this meme is to find and gain new followers. So follow me and I will follow you =)
This Weeks Question/ Topic
What books would you give to newbies in your favorite genre? via Take Me Away…
My latest genre obsession is Retellings. Ever since I read Cinder by Marissa Meyer I can't seem to get enough of them! Since Cinder hooked me it stands good to reason that it will hook you too. The Lunar Chronicles is a fabulous series that just keeps on getting better. Who's as excited for Fairest & Winter as I am? Squeeeee!!
Another great choice would be The Queen of Hearts Saga by Colleen Oakes. It's a look into the younger years of the notorious Red Queen.
Have a safe and sugar filled night! =D




OOOh nice! I'm a fan of retellings too! There's an older series...one that started when I was either in middle school or high school...that was written by multiple authors. Each book is a standalone and they're all a fairy tale retold. At one point they called it the Once Upon a Time series or something like that! Long before the show!
ReplyDeleteThey were good! Really quick reads too. Pretty much straight up a fairy tale retelling. My fave was by Tracy Lynn called Snow and was a retelling of Snow White in where the "dwarves" were kind of mutations/experiments that resulted in half human/half animal of some kind. And naturally they queen still wants to kill Snow and that's when she kind of joins their group.
It was really enjoyable and I'm probably not doing it justice with so little explanation. It was one I happily re-read too when there was a time I didn't have anything new to read! There were a lot. They are on goodreads if you can find the series, but by searching for one you should find the others!
Here's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Thanks for the recommendation Jessica. I'm definitely going to look these up. So happy you stopped by have a fantastic Friday!
DeleteI love a good retelling and Cinder is definitely one of the best! My absolute favorite right now is the Splintered series but I'm pretty sure you've already read that! ;) Old follower!
ReplyDeleteHere's my F&F!
I have read Splintered Tracy. I love the direction the author took at the end of Unhinged! I'm pretty excited for Ensnared.
DeleteThanks so much for visiting =D
Cinder sounds really interesting. I've added it to my growing list. Thanks for the recommendations and have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteLacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz
My FF
You're very welcome Lacie =D I really hope you enjoy it, and it gets even better as the series progresses.
DeleteThank you for stopping by!
I've read Cinder, but never heard of the others. They sound great though so I'll have to add them to the ever-growing TBR list. Thanks for the recommendations! Also, thanks for visiting my blog and following. Following you back on bloglovin. Happy Halloween!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read Cinder, but I just added it to my TBR list. I love the cover! Thank you so much for recommending. :)
ReplyDeleteMy FF
New Bloglovin and Twitter follower
Retellings are amazing! I love them too. Cinder is such a great series, and have you read the other books in the series which are also retellings? I definitely wanna try The Queen of Hearts. Thanks for the recommendation! New follower xx
ReplyDelete-M
The Life of Little Me
I was already a Bloglovin' follower, so I sent you a request on GoodReads.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check out your recommendations :)
My FF
Lovely blog :) Following you!
ReplyDeleteBenish | Feminist Reflections
A Thousand Pieces of You Hardcover Giveaway
I also love retellings! I haven't read these yet, but I really enjoyed Alex Flynn's books (Beastly, Bewitching). New follower via GFC!
ReplyDeleteThese look really good! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am an old follower. :)
ReplyDeleteLoved Cinder. Have yet to read Queen of Hearts, but it looks good. Thanks for stopping by :)
ReplyDelete