Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.
My WoW pick this week is....
The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die #2) by Danielle Paige
Expected Release Date: March 31st 2015
Published by HarperCollins
Hardcover, 432 pages
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
In this dark, high-octane sequel to the New York Times bestselling Dorothy Must Die, Amy Gumm must do everything in her power to kill Dorothy and free Oz.
To make Oz a free land again, Amy Gumm was given a mission: remove the Tin Woodman’s heart, steal the Scarecrow’s brain, take the Lion’s courage, and then Dorothy must die....
But Dorothy still lives. Now the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked has vanished, and mysterious Princess Ozma might be Amy’s only ally. As Amy learns the truth about her mission, she realizes that she’s only just scratched the surface of Oz’s past—and that Kansas, the home she couldn't wait to leave behind, may also be in danger. In a place where the line between good and evil shifts with just a strong gust of wind, who can Amy trust—and who is really Wicked?
Why I Want To Read It
I fell in love with Danielle Paige's concept of Oz and loved her take on an evil Dorothy and friends. I was impressed with the world building and I thought Amy was an incredibly likable character. I am literally counting the days until I get to read it.

I wasn't that impressed with Dorothy Must Die, especially since everything you learn you can read on the back. :( Wasn't for me, I guess.
ReplyDeleteHere's mine
Kirsty @ StudioReads
Sorry you didn't like it Kirsty-Marie :(
DeleteI haven't read the first one yet, but I definitely do want to! The sequel looks great too! I can't wait to dig into this series. Thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW!
I hope you get to read it Tracy, I really liked it. Thanks so much for visiting darlin
DeleteI haven't read the first one yet, but I definitely do want to! The sequel looks great too! I can't wait to dig into this series. Thanks for sharing! :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW!
Nice pick!, I am definitely going to read the first book soon, and I am very excited for it! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to read Dorothy Must Die soon Nena. Thanks so much for dropping by =D
DeleteThis looks good! I was planning to read the first book! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my post. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome =D and thanks back for visiting me Georgia May!
Delete