Hey guys! I have been missing all you wonderful bookworms during my absence over the past month. Life has been wonderful (and busy!). Multiple distractions have kept me from my beloved blog; my children, their school stuff, work, my hubby and binge watching all seasons of Downton Abbey up to date (I'm addicted now lol).
Somehow I've still managed to keep up with my reading and finished a few books, I just haven't written any reviews for them yet. So if you enjoy reading my reviews I won't have a shortage of them anytime soon. This month I plan on focusing on my books for review pile. I went a little crazy on NetGalley recently, so I have to get reading on them if I want to request any new ones.
I have some fabulous news =D. I finally sent my first request directly to a publisher for a physical Arc copy of a novel, and I was approved. Yay!! I have been waiting to start sending out requests for a long time now, waiting for that moment when I thought my stats would be good enough from an approval and that moment has happened at last. I was super ecstatic about receiving Soulprint by Megan Miranda in the mail, a HUGE thank you to Vikki from Penguin.
Something else that I had a first experience with was listening to an audiobook. I finished Heir of Fire and where as I loved the book, I was not fond of the narrator reading it. Still I gave audiobooks another chance and downloaded I Am Number Four and I must say that this narrator is fantastic! He does quite a few different voices and I liked that he fluently read that story the way it should properly read by making use of exclamation points, question marks and punctuation. I'm definitely going to try and keep one audiobook on the go at all times. Have you listen to any? What are your thoughts on the narrators?
In closing I will add that I noticed the new book blogger organizer for 2014/2015 is available on Parajunkie.com so I'm definitely going to purchase this and hopefully it will help me stay better organized and keep a steady flow of bookish posts coming your way.
Thanks so much for reading.


Woot! Congrats!! I'm still waiting to contact a publisher. I feel like my blog stats aren't very good right now :(
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen, I'm still beaming from it. I wanted to be wait until I at least had 200 followers on both GFC and bloglovin before I requested. I'm sure you will get there soon =D
DeleteWhile you might be busy, it sounds like things are going good :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the approval. I didn't even know bloggers could contact publishers directly. Thanks for teaching me something new! My stats are definitely not good enough yet, but hopefully they will be someday.
Have you used the Parajunkie book blogger organizer before? How easy to use it and does it really help?
Thanks!!
Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road
Yes, I have used the book blogger organizer before Emily. She offered a free half year sample last June, which I think is still available. I have tried many things and I was blown away by how perfect this organizer worked for me. I just finished printing the new 2014/2015 and it has some great new additions like email addresses for publishers to request arcs from and some fun cheat sheets. Well worth $8. If you try it let me know what you think of it =D.
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
Delete