-->

Monday, November 3, 2014

#Review - Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: August 5th 2014
Published by Entangled Teen
Paperback, 534 pages
Goodreads
My Rating - ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯


Description

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.


My Review

 This book was my most anticipated read of the year. It has been a thrill reading the series and although I was anxious to discover how Katie and Daemon's story would come to a close, I was apprehensive about finishing it because I'm a little sad for it to over. It's a pleasure to say that the final installment was just as fulfilling an adventure as reading about the lives of these Luxen was in the beginning. Full of action and emotion, the fate of humankind was looking dreary after the true nefarious intentions of the Luxen were becoming more apparent. These aliens definitely did not come in peace.

 Each of the characters had difficulties to work through and they all added something special of their own to the story. As much as I had absolutely loved Dee in the past, even boasting about her charismatic personality, saying she would make the best BFF ever, I wasn't feeling her in this book. Even though she had some valid excuses to explain her personality flip, I was not able to "look" at her the same again.

 Katy has always been, and remains, a fantastic example of a strong female lead. When times were tough (then tougher) she did not cower like a damsel in distress. Katy stood up for what she believed in and fought for the people she loves, never giving up hope. The scenes between her and Daemon remained exciting and steamy. It has been amazing watching how far their relationship has come from that first intense meeting they had.

My only qualms with the story has to do with teenage marriage. I don't believe in teenage marriage and I don't think it has a place in young adult novels.

Therefore I am giving this story a 4 out of 5 stars.



1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see you were able to enjoy this series all the way until the end. After reading this brilliant review I went and got the first book in the series. Can't wait to start them!

    ReplyDelete