-->

Friday, November 14, 2014

Book Blogger Hop - Are you Choosey about what you post?

Book Blogger Hop

 The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Its purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new blogs, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to their own blog. Each week bloggers answer a different question.

 This week's question is:


As you grow in your blogging experience, have you become more particular in terms of what you will post on your blog or what books you will read for review on your blog?

 Yes, I have become more choosey on what I will post on my blog. In the beginning I would except invitations to almost everything I was offered. Now that I have grown a much wider audience, I find I'm way more particular in which invites I accept. I now only agree to the blog tours and cover reveals that I am truly interested in.


10 comments:

  1. i'm still not very choosy, maybe because I don't have that many books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's better to be choosy about things you promote. Gains a readers trust because they know what to expect from you.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's definitely better to be choosy. The times I've agreed to do something or read something I wasn't really interested in it has backfired more often than not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, now that I have an audience who know what I read and write about I feel like I can just read books that I enjoy and not just accept everything that comes to my door! Thanks for sharing :) Have a great weekend!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great question and so relevant in book blogging. Yes I am very choosey in my posts, I have many different kinds of readers who follow/friend/read me and I will NOT offend any of them, that means no e-rom, no bad language so my blog is pretty much PG rated. And don't get me wrong I'm not a prude I love hot steamy romance novels although I am not a fan of e-rom and I post and have been a guest host and guest on and am friends with many who do post erotica. But I have to be considerate of my own clientele. What a great start to a Friday you got me thinking and the cobwebs are cleared out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Until very recently, Reading in Texas was pretty much a personal blog where I talked about the books I was reading and participated in online events such as memes and read-a-thons. As I approach retirement from my IT job, I'm trying to add more content that will be interesting to regular followers, in particular reviews of books that I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very choosy about what goes on my blog. :)

    At first I was trying to make my presence known and accepted books that I thought would be good, and then they turned out to not be good. Now I am absolutely a "snob" when it comes to content. :) I ONLY put things on my blog that are in the genre of my reading choices.

    I do participate in memes too...they are so fun.

    I like "my" question for this week. :) We are getting very good answers and comments.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can be quite choosey as well because while I still consider myself a newbie I have before accepted too many review copies etc and get stressed over it which then took away from the enjoyment and also I read things I knew I probably wouldn't like which wasn't good for anyone

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/review-sea-of-monsters-percy-jackson.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's good that you focus more on the books which interest you, because if you are not liking it then there isn't much point to you reading it! I hope you continue to enjoy your reads in the future ^^

    Check out my review; http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/11/my-own-mr-darcy-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doing what you dont like is like trying to wear a shirt that won't fit. So impossible so yeah. I agree :)

    Here's mine:
    BookBloggerHop@everythingnyze

    ReplyDelete