-->

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....



The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan
Expected Release Date: October 6th 2015
Published by Disney Hyperion Books
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Magnus Chase has always been a troubled kid. Since his mother's mysterious death, he's lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, keeping one step ahead of the police and the truant officers. One day, he's tracked down by an uncle he's never met—a man his mother claimed was dangerous. His uncle tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son of a Norse god. The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years. When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision. Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die . .




Why I Want To Read It

 Normally I would hold off posting a book for a WoW that's not due for release in a year, but I am so happy to hear that Rick Riordan has a new series coming out that I just couldn't wait. I have been putting off reading the Blood of Olympus because I am so sad to see this series end :'( Maybe now that I know there is a new series coming out I will be less crushed when I finish it (maybe).



13 comments:

  1. Nice! Haven't read this author but hope you enjoy this one once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, I'm pretty sure I will.

      Delete
  2. I still have to read the first Percy Jackson series, I do have a beautiful box set of it though. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the box set too Kirsty-Marie =)

      Delete
  3. Obviously I need more Rick Riordan in my life, although I haven't read the Heroes of Olympus series yet. Plus, I love that this new series is about Norse Mythology. I don't know much about it compared to Greek and Roman but it sounds pretty cool. Great choice!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is perfect for a fast paced, imaginative story. I really hope you get around to the Heroes of Olympus soon, now that all the books are out.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, Asgard? Ragnarok?? I'm sold already! I have a slight obsession with Norse mythology, so this sounds absolutely perfect :D That last line is a bit ominous... But my gosh the wait time will be terrible! I haven't read the Percy Jackson series, probably should give them a go in the mean time :) Thanks for sharing, great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know very much about Norse mythology but I really look forward to Rick Riordan teacher me =) but yeah, the wait will be torture.

      Delete
  5. I think that I'm the only one who hasn't read his novels.
    I hope you will like new series.

    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite creative and are fun reads. Hopefully you will get to experience the awesomeness of them one day =)

      Delete
  6. Hmm, I'm very intrigued because A: I loved the Percy Jackson series, and B: I'm into all the cool mythology stuff. But I didn't like the Egyptian series he did. So.... Good pick though!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His Kane Chronicles weren't as good as Percy, but I still liked them. I'm am a sucker for Egyptian stories though.

      Delete
  7. I am so excited for this, but I still have to read The Blood Of Olympus - I'm so scared to read it too!! I can't believe it'll be the end for Percy and the others :'(

    Great post! :D

    ~Carina @myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete