The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! The purpose of this meme is to find and gain new followers. So follow me and I will follow you =)
This Weeks Question/ Topic
Describe your favorite book character death scene. Why is it your favorite? Was it a villain or a hero? What made it so good?
I seriously had to think hard on this question. There has been many beloved characters and villain's that have perished in the books I've read. I wouldn't call most of them spectacular death scenes. However, one does stick out. When Oberyn Martell and Gregor Clegane aka the Mountain had their epic show down in A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin.
This fight was truly mesmerizing! The Mountain was huge (hence his name) but Oberyn was still able to beat his opponent down. All while repeating the mantra 'Elia Martell, Princess of Dorne, you raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children', referring to his sister.
This scene on the HBO series Game of Thrones was brilliant! It was played out perfectly. I will not spoil anyone by saying who died in this fight. It's way too awesome a moment to ruin for anyone.

I haven't read the series and I can't remember this scene from the show! But pretty much everything that's happened on GoT has been amazing!
ReplyDeleteHere's my F&F!
I agree! I look forward to this show every year.
DeleteHaven't read this series so don't know these characters. Glad that HBO depicted it good for you though!
ReplyDeleteHere's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
They did an amazing job. Best adaption ever!
DeleteHi! So nice to discover your blog!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read this series, but I'm glad to see that the scene was created in a way that has made you remember it and love it, I love hearing about other people's experiences.
Following you via email!
Also, my Ff: http://tyrasbookshelf.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/feature-follow-friday.html
DeleteThank you so much for stopping by and following =D
DeleteI haven't read the series, or gotten there in the show. (I'm a bad TV fan!) But I can imagine the artistic crafting of the scene.
ReplyDeleteI chose a villain this week! A VERY evil villain!
New follower via email
I was on the edge of my seat while reading it and watching it =)
DeleteThank you for following!
Yes! That scene really surprised me. I mean with so many deaths in that series I thought that whoever won that fight would deserve it and I'd come away from the loser's death unscathed (emotionally). To be honest, I obviously wanted Oberyn to win. So when it looked like he "won" I was like "yay!" and then he freaking died in the most gruesome way!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I do think the TV series interpreted it very well. That GoT television series is really getting these books right.
Old GFC Follower
Kat @ Readiculous Blog
Such and epic moment right! There are quite a few from this series but this was extremely entertaining. Thanks for visiting today Kat =)
DeleteThanks for the compliment Ly =)
ReplyDeleteI haven't read that book but that scene sounds epic.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
I'm an old Bloglovin follower. :-)
Sharon
Sharon's Book Nook!
I just started the Game of Thrones and it is an amazing show! Can't wait to see what happen as I get further in!
ReplyDeleteOld Bloglovin and GFC follower
My FF
Hello I just hoping,new GFC follower.My FF: Books are my life
ReplyDelete