-->

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Books to Re-read





 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at   The Broke and the Booksish This weeks Topic is:
Top Ten Books I Want To Reread (or if you don't reread...would reread in an ideal world)



1. Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling

 Harry never gets old for me. I've re-read this series many times.

2. Petals on the Wind by V. C. Andrews

 I have re-read this one before, but I would like to read it again as an adult. I know I couldn't emotionally handle Flowers in the Attic after becoming a mother. So I would start with book #2.

3. Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi

 I thought this series was amazing! I would absolutely read it again.

4. Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

 Another fantastic series by JLA. I love the awesome characters that she creates.

5. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

 These books were fantastic. I would love to slowly read them again to pick up an details I have forgotten.

6. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

 I really miss Will Herondale and I would read this book again because of that fact alone.

7. A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin

 In a perfect world I would love to read these again, but since they are all monsters in size I don't think I will be anytime in the near future.


  What do you think of my list this week. Leave me a comment and share your link so I can check out your top ten.


24 comments:

  1. I didn't even think to include Harry! Guess because he's always a given! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry is definitely a series that never gets old :)
      Thanks for the comment Jessica.

      Delete
  2. I could reread Harry Potter a million times and I have! I had that one on my list and The Lunar Chronicles. A Song of Ice and Fire is a great choice too. That series is do gigantic I know I missed things the first time and could still enjoy it if I were to reread it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I must have missed a few things in the SoI&F series. Maybe an audiobook would be a good choice for a reread with these.

      Delete
  3. I need to re-read The ID series by Cassandra Clare too! I really miss Will and Jem! And I din't include HP series in my list because for me, HP, Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series are always a given when it comes to re-reading! :D Nice list :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely miss Will and Jem, both guys are so awesome for different reasons.

      Delete
  4. I'd reread Clockwork Princess too! I'd want to start from the beginning though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, Eileen I do this really strange thing where I read the last book in the series and then I'm like "oh I'd really like to read the book before this". So what I end up doing is reading the entire series backwards. Odd I know. I've actually read the Harry Potter series backwards twice =S

      Delete
  5. I have been meaning to re-read the Ice and Fire series for so long now. I read them so quickly the first time I am sure there are tons of little details I have forgotten. They are just so intimidating to start on because of their massive size. Thanks for the blog follow, I followed you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by and following me =D

      Delete
  6. I totally agree with Harry Potter and VC Andrews! Fantastic series! I also loved the Lunar Chronicles (well, the first two... I haven't gotten to the last). I haven't read any of the others. Thank you for sharing :)

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to love Cress, Tracy! Thank you so much for visiting =D

      Delete
  7. I have not read a single Harry Potter book. It was more my sister's thing when they were out and I never jumped on the bandwagon. I'll give them a try one day. Thanks for checking out my TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do Jazmen :)
      Thanks so much for dropping by.

      Delete
  8. I loved the Lunar Chronicles! I’ve only read the first two so far, but I’d love to reread them both again. I need to read the Covenant series for the first time :D I keep intending to buy Half-Blood, but something always comes up and I overlook it :/ I definitely need to change this!

    Re. Clockwork Princess - I've only read City of Bones in the Mortal Instruments series so far ... is it better to have completed that series before reading the Clockwork Princess books? I've see so much love for Will Herondale and I'm VERY curious about all the hype ;)

    Great list, Monique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Alma, Will Herondale will melt your heart! I wish that I would have read TID before TMI. There are a lot of little tie ins between both series that I could have understood better if I had. But it doesn't matter very much. Hope you give it try =)

      Delete
  9. LUNAR CHRONICLES. I actually spent a long time on that series because I was savoring every moment of it. I didn't even skim once! And of course HARRY POTTER. I need to reread that series. The last time I picked up a Harry Potter book was 8 years ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a good reread of Harry in a few years either, its long over due! Thank you for visiting Val =)

      Delete
  10. I love that HP is on so many other people's lists! I need to read the Lunar Chronicles again too before the next books come out!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry is definitely a legend. I love knowing that so many people loved these books as much as I did.

      Delete
  11. Totally agree with you about A Song of Fire and Ice... I love Game of Thrones, but the first book took me ages to read! I literally had to force myself to read and I felt like I needed a diagram to keep track of everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know what you mean about the diagram Emily. I think I checked the family tree references at the back of the book a hundred times trying to make connections.

      Delete
  12. Harry Potter gets never old, it's always such a joy to re-read. I have read Shatter Me and it was good but I haven't had chance to finish the series. I hope I get my hands on the sequel so I can continue reading it :)

    Henna @ Howling for Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome list! In the end, there are many books in this list that I haven't read myself but want to, like the Lunar Chronicles and the Shatter Me series. I really need to start those :3

    ReplyDelete