-->

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....



The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen #1) by Jodi Meadows 
Expected Release: March 10th 2015
Published by Katherine Tegen Books
Hardcover, 400 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Wilhelmina has a hundred identities.
She is a princess. When the Indigo Kingdom conquered her homeland, Wilhelmina and other orphaned children of nobility were taken to Skyvale, the Indigo Kingdom’s capital. Ten years later, they are the Ospreys, experts at stealth and theft. With them, Wilhelmina means to take back her throne.

She is a spy. Wil and her best friend, Melanie, infiltrate Skyvale Palace to study their foes. They assume the identities of nobles from a wraith-fallen kingdom, but enemies fill the palace, and Melanie’s behavior grows suspicious. With Osprey missions becoming increasingly dangerous and their leader more unstable, Wil can’t trust anyone.

She is a threat. Wraith is the toxic by-product of magic, and for a century using magic has been forbidden. Still the wraith pours across the continent, reshaping the land and animals into fresh horrors. Soon it will reach the Indigo Kingdom. Wilhelmina’s magic might be the key to stopping the wraith, but if the vigilante Black Knife discovers Wil’s magic, she will vanish like all the others

Jodi Meadows introduces a vivid new fantasy full of intrigue, romance, dangerous magic, and one girl’s battle to reclaim her place in the world. 




Why I Want To Read It

I first saw this book on another bloggers WoW and I was immediately taken with how lovely the cover was. After reading the blurb I was sold, and added it to my Tbr.


 

10 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Seeing a lot of this one around! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's available as arc on Edelweiss.
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only read the first book in her New Souls trilogy but it wasn't for me, but hoping this is, sounds so good! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds so good. It's only available on Edelweiss as an E-ARC. Great choice.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds interesting! My first thought was, "Wow! The cover is gorgeous!!" This is definitely going on my TBR list!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one's also on my TBR :) I think it's available on Edelweiss as a downloadable eARC so if you're on Edelweiss maybe that's worth checking out. Great pick!

    My WoW
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any Jodi Meadows books but this one! I'm definitely going to read this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! This one is definitely on my list. I love the sounds of it. I am always looking for an interesting new fantasy.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, this is absolutely a Must-Read for next year for me! Princess, spy, and threat?! Heck yeah that's a character I want to read about. Great pick!!

    Here's my WoW: Zodiac

    ReplyDelete