-->

Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Blog Ahead Challenge - Week #4



 It's a new challenge time! The Blog Ahead Challenge, which is a bloggery version of NaNoWriMo, hosted by Anna @ Herding Cats & Buring Soup. It runs from November 1-30th, 2014 and the basic goal is to get "ahead" in your blog posts. Hopefully at the end of the month of November I will have 30 additional pre-schedules than when I started the month.

 I loved the idea for this challenge. When I first noticed it on Journey Through Fiction's blog (thanks Alma!) and knew instantly that I wanted to participate. I like the satisfaction of having a few posts scheduled in advance. The most I've had done at one time has been 9.

 For this challenge I am going to set a goal of 20 pre scheduled posts. Wish me luck (I may need it). I going to update this post as the month of November progresses.

 If you're interested in signing up for the Blog Ahead Challenge and would like more details, just click on this link -
http://www.herdingcats-burningsoup.com/2014/09/sign-up-blog-ahead-nanowrimo-bloggy.html


Week #1 Update 11/09/14

 I'm feeling quite proud of myself, and the progress I have made this past week. I managed to work ahead on the meme's that I participate in each week, as well as a couple of rough drafts for my book reviews. This is making me confident that I will reach the goals that I've set for myself.

 The most difficult experience I'm having at the moment is trying to prepare posts for both November and December. It has been a lot of work! All so when the end of the month comes, I will have 20 posts scheduled to go live in December. I spent all last week writing up a storm and ended up with 9 scheduled posts. However, only 1 of them is for December.


 My plans for this week is to complete 3 Top Ten Tuesdays, 2 Waiting on Wednesday's, 2 reviews and one other that I'm not sure what it will be yet. Possibly one of my Book Cover Mania's. If I can reach these goals it will leave me with 6 posts ready to go for next month.


Week #3 Update 11/20/14

 I never did an update last week because progress was slow. However I lit a fire under my butt, and got a fair amount accomplished this week. I feel like I may just make my goal of 20 pre scheduled posts.

 I' ve been working on all of the reviews I had been procrastinating about writing.  I finished filling all my review spots for November and halfway through December. If I keep it up, I will have enough book reviews to schedule into January.

 As of today I have 10 posts ready to go in December. That means I'm half way towards my goal. Yay me! =)


Week #4 Update 11/26/14


 Hey guys. I can't believe how fast this month has gone by! There are only a few days left to reach my goal for this challenge. With a little discipline, I was able to schedule one new post each day =) Since I already had the majority of my post done for November, I managed to get these posts ready for December completely stress free.

 As it stands I have 17 ready to go. I feel confident that I will reach my goal by Sunday, and I feel fantastic about it! *pats self on back*  I'm happy knowing that my blog will not be neglected due to Christmas concerts, parties, shopping, baking and other various holiday activities.

 I am so thankful for discovering this challenge. I could never have accomplished such a abundance of posts without it. Thank you Anna for being such a supportive and wonderful host. I am absolutely in for next year =D

 How has your progress been going?


5 comments:

  1. YAY!! I'm so glad you signed up for this challenge, Monique! I love the idea, and it's the perfect opportunity to get lots of posts ready in advance :D I'd love to get all 30 done... but I think 15 is a good starting goal for me :) Heck, 4 posts scheduled in advance is heavenly ;) Best of luck Monique!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 is a great goal Alma and 4 would be great too :) This is also going to help me have posts ready for December, which make me so happy because I basically spend that month running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Love Christmas but it's super stressful :( and my poor blog suffers.

      Delete
  2. Hi Monique! Thanks for joining in! Good luck with your posts this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a challenge I'd love to participate in for the future! I'm going on vacation for a week next month and I definitely have to have things planned in advance.

    ReplyDelete