-->

Monday, April 22, 2013

Children's books Day 1




  I have always been an avid reader, which I guess I have my my mom to thank for it. She read me bedtime stories when I was small and always encouraged my passion for reading. I do this now for my children. I try to set a good example by reading more and watching television less and I'm glad to say that it has been working. Which leads me to a new theme for this week, Children's books. So for the next week I will be posting both of my kids favorite books starting with the younger ages and working my way up to pre teen. My hope is that someone will be able to find some new and fun books to read to, or be read by, kids.



Good morning, Good night by Teresa Imperato
Add it to Goodreads
Published by piggy toes press

 This book is loved by both of my kids. I used to read it to my daughter and now she reads it to my son. This story is about various animals who play in the day and get ready for sleep in the night. Its a touch and feel book, so you can pet the animals and say goodnight. My copy is almost in tatters due to it being seven years old and well read. My hope though is to keep it in good enough shape to one day - Far,Far,Far into the future - read to my grandkids.



Miss spider by David Kirk
Add it to Goodreads
Published by scholastic press

 When my daughter was little she loved everything that was Miss Spider. We checked out every book there was at the libraries and read them many times. They are sweet stories about family and friendship and the cute little adventures that they go on. Miss Spider and her broad of adopted bug children snuggled their way into our hearts. I enjoyed reading these books to my daughter. The illustrations are beautiful and full of color and the fact that they rhyme only makes them better. I love rhyming children's books, it always makes them fun for me to read.



Max and Ruby by Rosemary Wells
Add it toGoodreads
Published  by Puffin

 My son is totally into Ruby and her little brother Max, he loves the television show so I brought him home a book and it was the first time that he stayed sitting until I was finished reading. I really think that he makes a connection with Rosemary Wells stories because they are somewhat like his own life. Ruby is a very girly older sister to Max, she often likes to play dress up and find a creative way to get her brother to do what she wants, which rarely works. This is just like Serena and her little brother Cole (my children). They are great stories and are fun to see what kind of mischief Max will get into.

Authors websites
 Links
Teresa Imperato - http://www.jacketflap.com/profile.asp?member=QueenTBone
David Kirk - www.facebook.com/davidkirkauthor
Rosemary Wells - rosemarywells.com/



Free Blog Buttons Butterfly”=

No comments:

Post a Comment