House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan
Cover reveal May 31st 2013
Release Date - October 8th 2013
Hardcover, 608 pages
Published by Hyperion books
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy's instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea's forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven will be able to seal the Doors both sides and prevent the giants from raising Gaea. But, Leo wonders, if the Doors are sealed, how will Percy and Annabeth be able to escape? They have no choice. If the demigods don't succeed, Gaea's armies will never die. They have no time. In about a month, the Romans will march on Camp Half-Blood. The stakes are higher than ever in this adventure that dives into the depths of Tartarus.
Why I'm waiting
I am a huge fan of all things Percy Jackson and immediately fell in love with the Hero's of Olympus series. Not only do you get more of Percy and his Greek demigod friends but you also get introduced to Jason and his Roman friends. I devoured the Percy Jackson series after I saw the movie The Lightning Thief and as I always say, the book was better then the movie. Since then I have been very impatiently waiting for each of the Heroes of Olympus books and once again find myself waiting for " the next " book to be written.
Even if I had to pick a favorite character I still wouldn't because I love them all. Its just to hard to choose, I like them for different reasons and each one has their own rare qualities. I can pick a favorite god though, Dionysus. I love his grumpy personality and I find his sarcasm hilarious, he definitely can deliver a laugh.
These books were funny, well thought out stories. Fast paced, action packed and enigmatic, you can't put it down until your finished.
Per order it here:
Chapters/Indigo.com
Amazon.com
Other books in the series
Percy Jackson
The Lightning Thief, #1
The Sea of Monsters, #2
The Titans Curse, #3
The Battle of the Labyrinth, #4
The Last Olympian, #5
Heroes of Olympus
The Lost Hero, #1
The Son of Neptune, #2
The Mark of Athena, #3
Places you can find Rick Riordan
Links
Website - www.rickriordan.com/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/camphalfblood



I recently finished the Mark of Athena after a whole year of waiting. Seriously, the Son of Neptune had left us with a huge cliffhanger. In the Mark of Athena, Percy and Annabeth finally meet. And after an awesome reunion the book takes us to a whole new dimension where our heroes travel on the Argo II to save Nico di Angelo who has been trapped somewhere in Rome. What I liked about the book were the small adventures that the seven demigod would have individually (or in groups). And after that they would report on the ship and tell everyone about them. Character development was a major plot of this book and Rick Riordan did that with perfection. This author seriously knows what he's doing. All the major mysterious of the Doors of Death, Mark of Athena, the Sammy-Leo thing are tied together in MoA while some other are developed. And the end. The end of the book is a major cliffhanger. It is even greater than the one we got to see in SoN. It is a REAL cliffhanger. So, climb aboard the Argo II, if you dare.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your great comment :) its good to get to hear from other people who love the books as much as I do.
Delete