-->

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Friday Shout Out, #5




 Friday Shout Out is a meme created here at Mo_Books where I like post about some books from the past. Not necessarily from the distant past but something that isn't current. A book that I feel is worth mentioning and it being rediscovered. Today's Shout Out goes to:




Inside Out (Insider,#1) by Maria V. Snyder
Release date April 1st 2010
Published  by Harlequin Teen
Paperback, 320 pages
Add it Goodreads

Description (from Goodreads)

 I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

 My Thoughts

 I read these books last summer on my tiny little blackberry screen and never complained about it once. I immediately liked Trella, with her curious nature and title of Queen of the Pipes the was no place that she couldn't explore. When she is asked to look for the mysterious gateway she doesn't refuse but that doesn't mean that she thinks she will find it.

 This is the kind of story that I can't give any kind of detailed review about without giving away any of the surprises that the book holds. And trust me you would rather find it for yourself. In the beginning there is a fair amount techy stuff had my mind wandering  but I'm glad I stuck with it because the story got a lot better. The insider series are great books for any sci-fi / ya fans.
I give each of the books in this series a 4 out of 5 stars.

✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Maybe


The other book in the series:


Outside In (Insider, #2)
Add it to Goodreads


Buy them here:

Chapters/ Indigo
Amazon








Places you can find Maria V. Snyder
Links
Website - officialmariavsnyder.blogspot.com/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/maria.v.snyder


Other books similar to these:

Across the Universe series by Beth Revis
(Click here for my review of Across the Universe book #1)





No comments:

Post a Comment