The Eternity Cure (The Blood of Eden, #2) By Julie Kagawa
Release Date - April 30th
Published by Harlequin Teen
Hardcover, 446 pages
Source - purchased
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.
Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.
Quotes
“Step into my parlor, said the spider to the fly. We have a lot to talk about.” - Sarren
“You have been one of us for a while now. You have hunted, and you have killed. It is not my responsibility to curb your demon. And I wanted to see what type of monster you had become.” - Kanin
My Review (Beware there are mild spoilers here)
Allie is one strong headed and determined vampire, she knows what she has to do and will let nothing stop her from doing it. After leaving her friends and Zeke safely behind in Eden, Allie sets out to find her Sire, Kanin, who is being held captive by the insane vampire Sarren. After finding help in someone that she least suspected she makes her way back to the fringe, the vampire city where she had lived and died. Allie will encounter friendship, love, betrayal and heartache in her search for Kanin and the cure for Red lung disease.
I loved reading this story, It had me interested from start to finish. Besides the two main hero's in the story - Allie and Zeke - my favorite character to read about was Jackal. Even though he is a bit of a psycho himself we did get to see a slightly more friendly guy in the Eternity Cure...... kinda. I thought he was hilarious and loved it when he tried to get under Allies skin, hopefully we get to hear more of him in book #3 in the series.
I thought Allie was awesome! She desperately wants to keep her humanity and while she does what she needs to so she can survive Allie will not allow herself to become a monster. Which is why she is willing to face the wrath of Sarren to save Kanin, she cares for him and won't leave him alone to die. He saved her from death and taught her how to be a vampire, she owed her new existence to him and won't abandon him. There was only one thing that bugged me when it came to Allie and it had to do with her feelings for Zeke. When he told her that he came back for her I wanted to risk getting bitten, grab her and shake the hell out of her yelling " make up your mind how you feel about him already!".
I loved Zeke, he is just perfect. Bravery and compassion are just two of his great qualities. He always does the right thing and doesn't let the fact that the girl he loves is a vampire stop him from wanting to be with her.
I enjoyed everything about this book, the mole people, the prince, how crazy Sarren was, I loved it all. The ending was spectacular and had me desperately wanting to read the next book, way to keep me in suspense Julie Kagawa.
I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Yes
Other books in The Blood of Eden Series:
Would I read it again? Yes
Other books in The Blood of Eden Series:
'Til the World Ends, #0.5 My review - Add it to Goodreads
The Immortal Rules, #1 - Add it to Goodreads
Buy them here:
Amazon.com
Chapters/Indigo.com
Places you can find Julie Kagawa
Links
Website - http://www.juliekagawa.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/jkagawa
Facebook - http://facebook.com/jkagawa

Excellent review, exactly my thoughts on the book too! I think everyone's consensus is that Jackal was the highlight of the book.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that you liked my review and thank you for letting me know, it always puts a smile on my face when someone comments.
Delete