-->

Monday, May 20, 2013

Review - What Really Happened in Peru by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan





What Really Happened in Peru (The Bane Chronicles, #1) by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan 
Release date - April 16th 2013
Published  by Margaret K. McElderry Books
ebook, 70 pages
Source - purchased
 Add it to Goodreads

Description (from Goodreads)

 Fans of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices know that Magnus Bane is banned from Peru—and now they can find out why. One of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.

There are good reasons Peru is off-limits to Magnus Bane. Follow Magnus’s Peruvian escapades as he drags his fellow warlocks Ragnor Fell and Catarina Loss into trouble, learns several instruments (which he plays shockingly), dances (which he does shockingly), and disgraces his host nation by doing something unspeakable to the Nazca Lines.

Quote

“I can’t get enough adventure,” Magnus said lightly. “And adventure cannot get enough of me.”

My Review

 This is a story about various visits that Magnus and his fellow warlock friends made to Peru and how Magnus came to be banded for life. Magnus and his companions embark an a few adventures and cause a little havoc along the way.

 When I first found out that Magnus Bane was getting his own series of short stories I was super excited. I love Magnus Bane and he was definitely a highlight for me in both the Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series. In this story I got to see a side of him that I never saw before and the relationship that he has with his friends. There was a glimpse of the familiar warlocks personality when he decides he must become a charanguista and learn to proficiently play the charango.

 I liked the humor in the story and the tiny glimpse of Magnus' childhood. The ending however left me feeling unsatisfied.
 I give this book a 3 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯

Would I read it again? No

Buy it here:

Amazon.com

Places you can find Cassandra Clare
Links
Website - http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com
Twitter - twitter.com/cassieclare 
Facebook - https://m.facebook.com/Cassandraclare






2 comments:

  1. Heh, I have yet to read the Mortal Instruments OR the Infernal Devices, however I've heard allot about them! (My friend keeps bugging me to read them)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should for sure :) if I could start them over again for the first time I would have read TID before TMI so that it would be easier to connect the 2 series.

    ReplyDelete