-->

Monday, July 28, 2014

Review - Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau



Graduation Day (The Testing #3)
by Joelle Charbonneau
Release Date: June 17th 2014
Published by HMH Books for Young Readers
Hardcover, 304 pages
Goodreads
My Rating - ✯ ✯ ✯ 

Description

  In book three of the Testing series, the United Commonwealth wants to eliminate the rebel alliance fighting to destroy The Testing for good. Cia is ready to lead the charge, but will her lethal classmates follow her into battle?


  She wants to put an end to the Testing
In a scarred and brutal future, The United Commonwealth teeters on the brink of all-out civil war. The rebel resistance plots against a government that rules with cruelty and cunning. Gifted student and Testing survivor, Cia Vale, vows to fight.

  But she can't do it alone.
This is the chance to lead that Cia has trained for - but who will follow? Plunging through layers of danger and deception, Cia must risk the lives of those she loves--and gamble on the loyalty of her lethal classmates.

 Who can Cia trust?
  The stakes are higher than ever-lives of promise cut short or fulfilled; a future ruled by fear or hope--in the electrifying conclusion to Joelle Charbonneau's epic Testing trilogy. Ready or not…it's Graduation Day.

The Final Test is the Deadliest!



My Review


   I really enjoyed the Testing series and I was excited to finish it with Graduation Day. Especially after that ending in Independent Study! This book started out slow for me. I was actually beginning to get a little scared that the book was going to be a whole lot of Cia thinking about what she should do.

  The pace did pick up around half way through, but nothing overly exciting happened. I did however enjoy learning more about Raffe and what drove him to become involved in the storyline. This series was never a romance driven one, but there is a little bit of smooching in this final story. Honestly for me, Cia and Thomas' relationship has been slightly unsatisfactory. I'm really on the fence about how I feel about them. I think the romance would have been better left out.

   Thankfully the last quarter of the book was quite entertaining. The action was good and the story as a whole was finally coming together. I was still left wondering about a couple of characters, and was surprised by the revelations, but I still liked it.

   In conclusion, I will say that I didn't love the ending, but I didn't hate it either. It wasn't as clean cut and finale like I had hoped. But hey, sometimes great endings aren't always perfect ones.

I give this a 3 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment