-->

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Reading it Old School Update


  So I've been been to my word and putting down my reading devices (hopefully) for the summer. Don't get me wrong, I love all my electronics, as stated in my original Reading it Old School  post. I just wanted to take a little break from them and I'm really enjoying focusing on my physical books.  

The books on my list:




The Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt 
Legend & Prodigy Marie Lu 
Mila 2.0 by Debra Drizda
Shatter Me & Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi 
After the End by Amy Plum 
Guardian by Alex London 
These Broken Stars by Megan Spooner 
(City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare is not pictured. It's currently on loan to a friend.) 



  So far I've finished Legend by Marie Lu (it was fantastic!) and now I've moved on to Prodigy, the second in the Legend series. I even picked out another one of the bookmarks from my collection (pictured above). This one is from Taking On the Dead and signed by the author Annie Walls. It shows one of my favourite her I ones ever Kansas, waiting to kick some zombie butt. Cool eh =D

  As I said in my original post there will most likely be a couple ebooks that find their way into my hands like Opposition  by Jennifer L. Armentrout which releases on August 5th. And Queen of Hearts: The Wonder  by Colleen Lakes which releases on July 22nd. Other than those I've been sticking to my list.

  Do you think you could unplug yourself from your reading devices for the summer or maybe give it a try? Share your thoughts with me.

6 comments:

  1. *sees all the yummy books* *grabs at computer screen* I love physical books much more than I like reading the books on my kindle. I like flipping through pages and smelling that new book smell. :) I hope you get to read all those great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique =D I'm hoping to finish all, or most of them, this summer. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  2. I think I am gonna try something like this! I love the look of all those books! I also look forward to your reviews on all these! :)

    Thanks for sharing! :D

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give unplugging a try =D I feels great to do it the old school way once and a while. Thanks for reading Alex!

      Delete
  3. I love physical books! Good luck with your summer challenge, not sure I could unplug since I am so used to the instant gratification of ebooks lol

    PS love the new look of your blog :)

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Emily, I really do love my ebooks! But I am enjoying re connecting with these right now.
      I glad you like my new look (yay!) I'm really happy with it ♥

      Delete