-->

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - Prince Lestat by Anne Rice



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW pick this week is....



Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
by Anne Rice
Expected Release date - October 28th 2014
Published by Knopf Publishing Group
Hardcover, 464 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Rice once again summons up the irresistible spirit-world of the oldest and most powerful forces of the night, invisible beings unleashed on an unsuspecting world able to take blood from humans, in a long-awaited return to the extraordinary world of the Vampire Chronicles and the uniquely seductive Queen of the Damned ("mesmerizing" —SF Chronicle), a long-awaited novel that picks up where The Vampire Lestat ("brilliant...its undead characters are utterly alive" —New York Times) left off more than a quarter of a century ago to create an extraordinary new world of spirits and forces—the characters, legend, and lore of all the Vampire Chronicles.

The novel opens with the vampire world in crisis...vampires have been proliferating out of control; burnings have commenced all over the world, huge massacres similar to those carried out by Akasha in The Queen of the Damned... Old vampires, roused from slumber in the earth are doing the bidding of a Voice commanding that they indiscriminately burn vampire-mavericks in cities from Paris and Mumbai to Hong Kong, Kyoto, and San Francisco. As the novel moves from present-day New York and the West Coast to ancient Egypt, fourth century Carthage, 14th-century Rome, the Venice of the Renaissance, the worlds and beings of all the Vampire Chronicles—Louis de Pointe du Lac; the eternally young Armand, whose face is that of a Boticelli angel; Mekare and Maharet, Pandora and Flavius; David Talbot, vampire and ultimate fixer from the secret Talamasca; and Marius, the true Child of the Millennia; along with all the other new seductive, supernatural creatures—come together in this large, luxuriant, fiercely ambitious novel to ultimately rise up and seek out who—or what—the Voice is, and to discover the secret of what it desires and why...





Why I want to read it

  Why would I not want to read this book would probably be faster to explain! I LOVED the Vampire Chronicles!! I have read them all. Lestat is a serious bad ass and I think of him every time I hear Hells Bells by AC/DC but Marius has always been my favourite. I am incredibly stoked to revisit this character, and all the others, again.

What books are you waiting on? If you have a WoW pick of your own please share the link.


3 comments:

  1. I found out about this book at BEA. It sounds so very good and I really want to immerse myself back into the Vampire Chronicles and LESTAT! I must have some LESTAT.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a vampire person but this one still sounds pretty good, great pick! :)

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Here is my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete