-->

Friday, April 11, 2014

Feature & Follow - Tell us about a book that you didn’t like and why we shouldn’t read it…nicely.




  The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Rachel of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! The purpose of this meme is to find and gain new followers. So follow me however you would like and I will follow you.


This Weeks Question/ Topic



Tell us about a book that you didn’t like and why we shouldn’t read it…nicely.






  Changeling by Philippa Gregory

When I first heard that Philippa Gregory had a young adult novel coming out I was so excited. She is my author of historical fiction and I really hyped myself up about it. Then I read it. This was my reaction...

Hugely disappointed!


  The writing just didn't have the magic that her other novels had and it was pretty bland in comparison. There was a little bit of mystery and a conspiracy but I found the story to be boring and underdeveloped. This is certainly not a book that I would recommend.


Or




20 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of her books! New GFC follower here! It would be great if you could return the favor :) Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Amanda =D
      I followed you back, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I know how it feels like being so excited in buying new books and then you eventually end up getting disappointed :( I've been experiencing that a lot nowadays.
    New GFC follower :) Visit me?

    PS. How did you do that purple dashed lines in FF's question of the week? I feel that I'm the only blogger who doesn't know how to *sigh*

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jillian, I stopped by your FF and followed you back. I will send you an email about the dashed lines
      Thanks for your comment ♥

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I love Philippa Gregory! I have to agree that she's my go to for historical fiction as well. Bummer. I guess we'll just have to stick to her adult novels - those have always worked for me anyway :)

    Andrea @ Bookish
    New follower via GFC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sticking with her adult from now on for sure. Thanks so much for the follow =D

      Delete
  4. AAAHHHHHH! GIZMO!
    Crazy story, I have a weird fear of GIZMO! Whew~ what a trip, I mean story! lol!!! EEEEKKKKKKKK!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds like a hilarious story! I used to scare the s**t out of my little sister when we were young. Ah, good times lol
      Thanks for visiting me, Darlin' ♥

      Delete
    2. Just to clarify =/ I scared her with the Gremlins, not Gizzmo. I always wanted a Mogwai haha

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love the GIF!


    Great post! I'm a new follower! Xx.

    My FF Post.

    My blog link.

    - Cary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gizzmo rocks! lol
      Thanks so much for the follow Cary =D

      Delete
  6. Oh I'm sorry you didn't like this one! I have it on my shelf as I, too, really love reading her books. I got this one for free in a giveaway and didn't even know she wrote young adult. But I guess I'll have to see how I like it

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort - following via bloglovin!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry to hear that! I hate it when that happens to me drives me nuts.

    I'm a new follower via bloglovin and GFC

    My F&F
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww... That's a shame.
    New follower via Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. I haven't read this book but I remember reading a lot of mixed reviews. I've been wary.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy FF! I love Philipa but I'll be sure to skip this one. Love gizmo too!!!! New bloglovin and GFC follower.
    ♥Brittany
    Follow me here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hate it when an author you love puts out a book you don't!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last book I read that I didn't like was Summoned by Rainy Kaye. It wasn't a bad book, but it just didn't work for me. There was this big mystery and build-up, but it took some time to develop and it was just mission after mission, with hints dropped that where so vague you couldn't figure out what was going on. I couldn't connect with the characters. The concept is really original though and the ending was done well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, it especially upsetting when you read a dud from an author you actually like.

    BTW, love the gif!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always disappointing when an author you love puts out a book you didn't enjoy. :(

    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Old bloglovin follower :)

    My FF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete