-->

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Most Unique Books I've Read




 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at  The Broke and the Bookish, This weeks list is Top Ten Nine Most Unique Books I've Read (maybe the MC was really different, maybe it was the way it was written, a very unique spin on a genre or topic, etc.) .



Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

 This story was told from Tinkerbell's point of view. The interesting part was that she couldn't talk and although she may have been the main character, it was told like she was an observer.

The Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

 This is still the only book I've read that was based on a society of people that physically alter themselves to be beautiful and basically all resemble each other.

The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau

 I had never before read a dystopian book based on a society of peoples intellect before. Until I read this one.

Justice Buried by Hilary Thompson

 Astrology has always been an interesting topic for me and this was the first book that I can ever remember reading that is incorporates it into the story.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

 I loved this unique and original story of a world were love of any kind was forbidden.

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

 I love fairy tales and I love science fiction. This is the only book that I've read that has both. I think it's a seriously awesome combo!

Queen of Hearts: The Crown by Colleen Oakes

 I have read and seen many different renditions of Alice in Wonderland but this was the first time I ever read a story completely based on the Queen of Hearts.


The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

 This book introduced me to frighteningly, spectacular zombie like vampires.


Breathe by Sarah Crossan

 This book's completely original idea of a world with no oxygen due to the devastating loss of all plant life, really hit a soft spot with this nature lover.

Fill me in on what would make it on your list. As always, thanks for reading.



20 comments:

  1. I've actually read most of these yay! I absolutely loved Delirium, Uglies (even though I read it about 6 years ago), and Tiger Lily, which is an amazing retelling of Peter Pan!! I'm currently reading Cinder now and LOVING it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinder was fabulous! I even adored the novellas. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I also included The Lunar Chronicles on my list. I bought a copy of Tiger Lily yesterday. I can't wait to read it, I've heard great things! Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it Cassi, the world building was awesome.
      Thanks for visiting =D

      Delete
  3. Well look here! I've just read your list and have the same problem, I've not read any of these! I'm reading Cinder this month and most of the others are on my TBR list! You let me know what you think of Daughter Of Smoke & Bone when you read it, and I'll let you know about Cinder! Great list :D

    Thanks for checking out My Top Ten Picks!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will Katrina =D I can't wait to read your take on Cinder ♥
      Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete
  4. CINDER!!!! ♥ Love it! Loving Scarlet at the moment too!
    So many books I wanted on my list. It seems like everything I read is unique! This was a difficult top ten!!!
    Can't wait to read Tiger Lily! I have it in my bookcase, waiting to be read! Delirium is on my TBR list too!
    Great list hun!!! xoxox BIG hugs! ♥
    Check out my Top Ten
    Michelle ~ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said to Cassi above, the world building in Tiger Lily was amazing, I was totally transported into the forests of Neverland. The concept was a little different but still good.
      Thanks so much for visiting =D ♥♥

      Delete
  5. There are a lot of books on your list I need to read, I can't wait for Breathe, Delirium and The Uglies! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Screaming for Joy because of how many people have Cinder on their lists! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I forgot Cinder. Great choice! And great list. There are just so many great unique books out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the whole Uglies series on my TBR. I have heard amazing things about it!

    I agree that The Immortal Rules is unique. It was one of my faves of last year. I need to read the second in the series as I know the last one is out soon! :)

    Thanks for sharing your list and have a great week! :) xxx



    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eevery one of these is on my TBR! I can't wait to read them. I have a copy of the Immortal Rules, so I'll hopefully get to read it soon =) Great list! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished Justice Buried, it was a great book! Awesome list, so many good ones on here!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice list! Cinder and The Immortal Rules made my list too.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. This seriously looks like my TBR shelf lol. I totally agree with you on Delirium, it came close to making my list too! I like your perspective on The Uglies and The Testing too- I hadn't thought of it like that, but you are very right- two unique concepts of perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list :) I read and really enjoyed Uglies and Breathe, both very great books. Quite a few of the others are on my current TBR list. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES to Tiger Lily and Cinder. Such good books :D Jodi Lynn Anderson's writing is just perfect and Marrisa Meyer is a total story genius.
    Angel @ Spare Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm dying to read Cinder. Great list, thanks for stopping by my blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great List!! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award @ http://thebookaddict2014.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete