-->

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Quotable Thursdays - The White Queen by Philippa Gregory




  Quotable Thursdays  is a meme created here at Mo_Books where I like to pick a quote or two from a great book ( be careful not to choose spoilers ) and explain why you like them.

 My pick this week is:


The White Queen by Philippa Gregory



“I want to take you for pleasure, and hold you in my arms for desire. I want you to know that it is your kiss that I want, not another heir to the throne. You can know that I love you, quite for yourself, when I come to your bed, and not as the York’s broodmare.”
I tilt back my head and look at him under my eyelashes. “You think to bed me for love and not for children? Isn’t that sin?” His arm comes around my waist and his palm cups my breast. “I shall make sure that it feels richly sinful,”

- Edward IV to Elizabeth Woodville






Why I Loved It




    Even though I thought their relationship started off kind of violent, I felt that these two had one hell of an epic love.  I thought Edward and Elizabeth genuinely loved each other whole heartily. Something that was rare with royals. History states that they did have a passionate romance that continued until Edward's death. They did have 10 children together! Sounds like they couldn't keep their hands off each other to me.


If this quote has grabbed your interest add it to Goodreads

 Thanks for stopping by my Quotable Thursday :-). If anyone know of any great quotes please share with me and join in the fun with your own QT.



2 comments:

  1. Great Pick! I haven't read this book but I love love love Philippa Gregory! Especially, The Other Boelyn Girl!!! Come check out my Quotable Quote :)
    I did one too :)
    Big Hugs lovely! xoxox
    Michelle ~ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Other Boleyn girl is my favourite historical fiction novel!! Loved it ♥ Did you read the Boleyn Inheritance as well? That was pretty good too.
      Thanks for participating Michelle =D it makes my QT so much more fun.

      Delete