The Course of True Love [and First Dates] (The Bane Chronicles #10)
by Cassandra Clare
Release date - March 18th 2014
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books
ebook, 40 pages
Add it to Goodreads
My Rating -
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Description (from Goodreads)
Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood might fall in love—but first they have a first date.
When Magnus Bane, warlock, meets Alec Lightwood, Shadowhunter, sparks fly. And what happens on their first date lights a flame...
Being a fan of The Mortal Instruments series, I was not surprised that I enjoyed reading these intimate moments between Magnus and Alec. Discovering all of the feelings that Magnus had brewing inside for a Nephilim that was like no other that he met before. There was this one particular moment on their date when they heard an interesting song at the subway. It was hilarious and it gave me a lol moment.
Alec was never a favourite character of mine. I actually never really cared for him, but after reading this story and seeing a more loving and awkward side to him changed my mind about him. of course I found Magnus' character to be perfect! but I may be slightly biased because I just love this high warlock so much. This was my second favourite edition in the Bane Chronicles, definitely a must read for any Mortal Instruments fans.
I give this a 5 out of 5 stars.
You may also be interested in these reviews
What Really Happened in Peru | The Runaway Queen
Vampires, Scones and Edmund Herondale | The Midnight Heir | The Rise of Hotel Dumort | Saving Raphael Santiago
The Fall of Hotel Dumort | What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything | The Last Stand of The New York Institute
By Cassandra Clare, Sara Rees Brennan & Maureen Johnson
Description (from Goodreads)
Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood might fall in love—but first they have a first date.
When Magnus Bane, warlock, meets Alec Lightwood, Shadowhunter, sparks fly. And what happens on their first date lights a flame...
My Review
Being a fan of The Mortal Instruments series, I was not surprised that I enjoyed reading these intimate moments between Magnus and Alec. Discovering all of the feelings that Magnus had brewing inside for a Nephilim that was like no other that he met before. There was this one particular moment on their date when they heard an interesting song at the subway. It was hilarious and it gave me a lol moment.
Alec was never a favourite character of mine. I actually never really cared for him, but after reading this story and seeing a more loving and awkward side to him changed my mind about him. of course I found Magnus' character to be perfect! but I may be slightly biased because I just love this high warlock so much. This was my second favourite edition in the Bane Chronicles, definitely a must read for any Mortal Instruments fans.
I give this a 5 out of 5 stars.
What Really Happened in Peru | The Runaway Queen
The Fall of Hotel Dumort | What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything | The Last Stand of The New York Institute

Oh how cool that they came out with these. I haven't read but one book of Cassandra Clare's, which was City of Bones, so I know who Alex and Magnus are. I'm interested to see what went on during their first date :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing love xoxo missed ya!
Michelle xoxox
Aww, thanks Darlin', I've missed ya too ♥ I think I may be getting a handle on things now. I feels great! I even managed to write up 8 posts last night :D
DeleteThanks for visiting, Michelle
Lots of luvs
I still haven't read any of these, & I'm a huge fan of Cassandras Shadownunyer series. Magnus and Alex are my fav ship too! So I need to read this!
ReplyDeleteGreat review and thanks for sharing!
-Amanda
There were a few of these novellas that I was disappointed with but this was definitely one of the better stories. If you love Magnus and Alex I totally recommend this.
DeleteThanks so much for your comment