KIYA: Rise of a New Dynasty (KIYA, #3) by Katie Hamstead
Release date - February 24th 2014
Published by Curiosity Quills Press
Source - NetGalley
Add it to Goodreads
Buy it here - Amazon/ kobo
My Rating -
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Description (from Goodreads)
Tut has grown into his position as Pharaoh, but he is a wild young man. Naomi fears for him, not only because of his recklessness, but because he has put his trust in Ay–the man determined to destroy Naomi—despite her and Horemheb advising against it.
Meanwhile, death and slavery hang over Naomi and her family. With fear of the booming Hebrew numbers causing talk of enslaving them, conscription is reinstated and Naomi fears for the lives of her other children. Especially since Ay's children are now adults, and just as dangerous as their father. They threaten to take Itani, conspire against Tut, and pushing for power.
But Tut is in trouble. While Ay's daughter draws Horemheb's attention, and Naomi deals with the struggles of her family, everyone's distraction could spell death for the young Pharaoh.
If I had to sum this story up in one word, I would use beautiful. The emotions that poured from the pages was a surprise for me. I guess that as I've read on throughout the series, I've managed to become quite attached to Kiya / Naomi. Her story has definitely warmed my heart and I will truly miss her now that it has come to an end. I have to say that Katie Hamstead really did a number on me with this fantastic piece of historical fiction. If I wasn't crying about the loss of life, I was crying about the true love that Naomi and Malachi felt for each other. When I finally finished blubbering, I was shaking my fist at all the baddies wanting to tear them apart with my bare hands.
The story did have a few predictable moments, and I'm not talking about Tut's death, but the author managed to write these scenes so they were believable and flowed properly, in my opinion, with the story line. The characters in this story are very well developed and I think that I loved every single one of them. Although I do think that Horemheb is still a complete asshat, I enjoyed him more so in this novel than in any of the previous ones. The other thing that made this story so great was the world building. I felt that it represented an accurate description of what life would have been like for the Hebrew people and all of the dangers of living in this era.
In closing, I would like to add that this was my favourite book from the trilogy. Not only did it give me some extreme feels, but it also left me with the perfect book hangover. The ending couldn't have been more perfect then what it was. I finished it feeling completely satisfied.
I give this a 5 out of 5 stars.
You may also be interested in these reviews.
Hope of the Pharaoh (KIYA,#1)
Kiya: Mother of a King (KIYA, #2)
Description (from Goodreads)
Tut has grown into his position as Pharaoh, but he is a wild young man. Naomi fears for him, not only because of his recklessness, but because he has put his trust in Ay–the man determined to destroy Naomi—despite her and Horemheb advising against it.
Meanwhile, death and slavery hang over Naomi and her family. With fear of the booming Hebrew numbers causing talk of enslaving them, conscription is reinstated and Naomi fears for the lives of her other children. Especially since Ay's children are now adults, and just as dangerous as their father. They threaten to take Itani, conspire against Tut, and pushing for power.
But Tut is in trouble. While Ay's daughter draws Horemheb's attention, and Naomi deals with the struggles of her family, everyone's distraction could spell death for the young Pharaoh.
My Review
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
If I had to sum this story up in one word, I would use beautiful. The emotions that poured from the pages was a surprise for me. I guess that as I've read on throughout the series, I've managed to become quite attached to Kiya / Naomi. Her story has definitely warmed my heart and I will truly miss her now that it has come to an end. I have to say that Katie Hamstead really did a number on me with this fantastic piece of historical fiction. If I wasn't crying about the loss of life, I was crying about the true love that Naomi and Malachi felt for each other. When I finally finished blubbering, I was shaking my fist at all the baddies wanting to tear them apart with my bare hands.
The story did have a few predictable moments, and I'm not talking about Tut's death, but the author managed to write these scenes so they were believable and flowed properly, in my opinion, with the story line. The characters in this story are very well developed and I think that I loved every single one of them. Although I do think that Horemheb is still a complete asshat, I enjoyed him more so in this novel than in any of the previous ones. The other thing that made this story so great was the world building. I felt that it represented an accurate description of what life would have been like for the Hebrew people and all of the dangers of living in this era.
In closing, I would like to add that this was my favourite book from the trilogy. Not only did it give me some extreme feels, but it also left me with the perfect book hangover. The ending couldn't have been more perfect then what it was. I finished it feeling completely satisfied.
I give this a 5 out of 5 stars.
You may also be interested in these reviews.
Hope of the Pharaoh (KIYA,#1)
Kiya: Mother of a King (KIYA, #2)

I don't think I've heard of this series before. It sounds interetsing, I don't remember a lot of books that deal with Pharao's.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you enjoyed this book, I will have to check out this series!
ReplyDeleteMissie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
Thank you so much, Monique! I'm so grateful for all the support you've shown throughout. I'm so glad you picked up Kiya: HotP, and followed Naomi all the way. It's been wonderful getting to know you, and I hope I can continue to bring you stories to love.
ReplyDelete