-->

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Authors I've Only Read Once But Need More




 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at   The Broke and the Bookish This weeks Topic is:
Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More.

 Making this list took a little bit of thinking. When I discover an author that I like I tend to continue reading their books or binge read a whole series. Think of authors that I only read one of their books involved me needed to research my Goodreads list (thank goodness for Goodreads). Here's what I came up with.


1. Jessica Khroury
 I loved Origin, and I would really like to try Vitro.

2. Jodi Lynn Anderson
 Tiger Lily may not be one of my favourite books, but I truly was in awe of the authors beautiful writing. 

3. Brandon Sanderson
 Steelheart was an amazing novel, and I haven't heard any bad reviews about this authors fabulous books.

4. Cristin Terrill
 All Our Yesterdays was a thrilling, time travel, dystopian YA novel. I would like to read more from her.

5. C. J. Hill
 I am such a sucker for a futuristic, time travel, sci fi story. Erasing Time did not disappoint me one bit. I actually finally got myself a copy of Echo in Time, I can't wait to start it!

6. Amy Plum
 I adored After the End and have always wanted to try her Revenants series.

  What do you think of my list this week. Leave me a comment and share your link so I can check out your top ten.


10 comments:

  1. Brandon Sanderson is one of my favorite writers, but his books tend to be really long and also fantasy. I haven't read Steelheart yet, but I think that's YA? Anyways, if you can manage, I suggest his book The Way of Kings, even though it's 1000 pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the rec Val. Is it a stand alone?

      Delete
  2. I really hope you love the Revenant series! I though Die for Me was good, but didn't blow me away. I'm currently reading Until I Die and so far, it's a million times better! And I really need to read All Our Yesterdays. I've seen so many amazing things about that book, I need to get my hands on it soon! Great list Monique, have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Alma. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the revenant series. I look forward to eventually getting to start it. I loved all our yesterdays! I'm sad that the author decided to not continue on with the series and leave it as a stand alone.

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I haven't read any of those books, but I did end up adding Erasing Time to my TBR, and All Our Yesterdays was already there. I need to read more Time Travel novels. Great list! I'll check those authors out.

    Feel free to check out my TTT list: http://metaphoricalmusings.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-ten-tuesday-authors-i-need-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my list could give you some recommendations Andie. Erasing time is a great pick and all our yesterdays was fantastic as well. I really enjoy time traveling novels. Thanks so much for stopping by

      Delete
  4. Brandon Sanderson is amazing! I am read the Mistborn trilogy right now and loving it! I was thinking about adding Jodi Lynn Anderson to my list as well. I didn't love Tiger Lily like most people but yes, her writing is gorgeous! Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that so many people enjoy Brandon Sanderson's work it makes me want to read his novels even more!. As always, thanks so much for stopping by Cassi.

      Delete
  5. Amy Plum's series are Awesome. I heard great things about Erasing Time and own the first two book (is there even a third?). I will definitely read them :)

    Nice Post!

    Mimi Zane @ M&EM Read YA
    mandemread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya know, I have no idea if there's a third in the Erasing time series. I just picked up the second book, Echo in Time. I haven't started it yet but I plan on it very soon. Thanks so much for stopping by Mimi.

      Delete