-->

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan




 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

 My WoW pick this week is....



The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus #5) by Rick Riordan
Expected Release Date: October 7th 2014
Published by Disney-Hyperion
Hardcover, 528 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description (from Goodreads)

Though the Greek and Roman crew members of the Argo II have made progress in their many quests, they still seem no closer to defeating the earth mother, Gaea. Her giants have risen—all of them—and they're stronger than ever. They must be stopped before the Feast of Spes, when Gaea plans to have two demigods sacrificed in Athens. She needs their blood—the blood of Olympus—in order to wake.

 The demigods are having more frequent visions of a terrible battle at Camp Half-Blood. The Roman legion from Camp Jupiter, led by Octavian, is almost within striking distance. Though it is tempting to take the Athena Parthenos to Athens to use as a secret weapon, the friends know that the huge statue belongs back on Long Island, where it "might" be able to stop a war between the two camps.

The Athena Parthenos will go west; the Argo II will go east. The gods, still suffering from multiple personality disorder, are useless. How can a handful of young demigods hope to persevere against Gaea's army of powerful giants? As dangerous as it is to head to Athens, they have no other option. They have sacrificed too much already. And if Gaea wakes, it is game over.

Why I Want To Read It

 I am a massive fan of the entire Percy Jackson franchise. I binge read every single book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I was so delightfully happy when I discovered that Percy was gracing the bookshelves again in a new series called the Heroes of Olympus. I gobbling up these books too. These books have been one crazy ride that was mysterious and complex. I will be so sad to have this series come to an end but I am extremely excited to read this conclusion to the Percy saga.


12 comments:

  1. I really need to start on this series! I love Percy Jackson so I'm not sure why I haven't gotten around to it. Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good lord, I'm a moron today. It's WoW...

      Delete
  2. I haven't read House of Hades yet. I want to but Mark of Athena didn't push me to read the next one. I still want to read this series though.


    My WoW

    Isabel @ liberamans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed House of Hades more so then Mark of Athena. I hope you feel the same.

      Delete
  3. Once this last book comes out I'm going to be reading all the books! Yay for no cliffhangers hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love binge reading series'! You will love them Eileen =D

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for this book either!! I'm really excited to see how the two camps finally come together (well... sort of) and defeat Gaea!

    My WoW: http://blueeyebooks.blogspot.com/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Laura lol. Things were quite intense between the two camps. Hopefully they learn to get along.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clearly I need to get into this series, I don't know why I haven't committed to it yet.

    PS I've tagged you again - this time for the Ten Book Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping and for tagging me again =D I should have the post ready to go soon.

      Delete
  7. thanks so much for following Izzy. I stopped by your blog and followed you back =D

    ReplyDelete