-->

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - The Witch Must Burn by Danielle Paige & The Queen by Kiera Cass




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine  showcasing upcoming books that we are waiting, often impatiently, to be released.

My WoW picks this week are....



The Witch Must Burn (Dorothy Must Die 0.2)
by Danielle Paige
Expected Release Date: November 11th 2014
Published by HarperCollins
ebook, 100 pages
Goodreads

Description

 There’s a new Wicked Witch in Oz—and her name is Dorothy. This digital original novella is the second installment in the prequel arc to the edgy and exciting New York Times bestseller Dorothy Must Die.

 Dorothy Gale is back . . . and she’s not the sweet little heroine of Oz anymore. She’s power-hungry and vicious, and she leaves a trail of destruction beneath her spike-heeled, magical shoes. But behind the scenes, there’s someone else pulling the strings. Someone who doesn’t want fame or glory—just control.

 Glinda of the North brought Dorothy back to Oz for a reason. And in The Witch Must Burn, a young maid is about to discover that a witch who says she’s Good might be the most dangerous kind of Wicked.

 The Witch Must Burn, by debut author Danielle Paige, is a dark and compelling reimagining of a beloved classic and is perfect for fans of Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Beastly by Alex Flinn, and Wicked by Gregory Maguire.




The Queen (The Selection 0.4)
by Kiera Cass
Expected Release Date: December 2nd 2014
Published by HarperTeen Impulse
ebook, 64 pages
Goodreads

Description

 Before America Singer’s story began, another girl came to the palace to compete for the hand of a different prince….

 Don’t miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass’s #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series. This prequel story takes place before the events of The Selection and is told from the point of view of Prince Maxon’s mother, Amberly. Discover a whole new Selection with this inside look at how Maxon’s parents met—and how an ordinary girl named Amberly became a beloved queen.


Why I Want To Read Them

 I sure you noticed that both of these books are novellas. Over the last few years I have discovered a love for novellas, normally because they often divulge further into a character's mind and personality. I'm hoping that these short stories will shed some light on things I have been curious about concerning both of these characters.

6 comments:

  1. This is my first time stopping by and I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your blog name :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =D thank you Sarah! It kinda just came to me.

      Delete
  2. Oooh Great Picks. I like that you had a novella theme going on this week :)

    My WoW pick

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting Michelle. Glad to hear you liked my picks =)

      Delete
  3. I'm SO EXCITED for The Queen!! *sigh* These books are like candy<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wondered about Queen Amberly's story from the start, so I too am stoked to read it =) Thanks for visiting Rachel

      Delete