The Goddess Inheritance (the Goddess Test,#3) by Aimeè Carter
Release date - February 26th 2013
Paperback, 283 pages
Published by Harlequin Teen
Buy it at Harlequin.com
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.
During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.
In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.
With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.
Even if it costs her eternity.
My Review (contains mild spoilers)
For Kate Winters the last nine months have been emotionally exhausting, she has spent her entire pregnancy held captive by Cronus and Calliope. The whole time she has been held captive Henry has been unaware. Her child is taken immediately after birth by the Queen of Gods and claimed as her own. Kate, in a panic, makes a deal with Cronus, in a desperate attempt to keep her child safe.She will do anything that she can to insure her loved ones existence, even if it means she wont be there to share in their eternity.
I loved reading this series. I enjoyed all of the stories, they were touching and full of emotion. One thing I didn't like about the Goddess Inheritance was how quick Kate was to decide that Ava was a traitor and she tossed away her friendship. Surely you would think that Kate would realize that Ava did what she had to so she could insure that Kate wasn't alone and that she could watch her back. But I guess Kate was under a bit of stress and preoccupied to see anything beyond the obvious.
I adored James, he seems like he would be an awesome guy friend. I thought he was funny, caring, daring and I loved that he enjoyed teasing Kate about the possibility of them being together in the future.
Henry and Kate's relationship has me slightly torn because of how much I like James and because of how depressing I find Henry. But due to the chemistry I feel between Kate and Henry it felt right that she chose Henry to love and have a family with. Once again I did find Henry to be depressing and much more reserved then I normally would like the leading man to be, but I still liked him.
There are friendships that are questioned and lives that are lost. I thought it was a neat and tidy way to end the series. I did feel like I was just getting to know all of the gods and goddesses and I am sad to have their stories end. I would have given this book a slightly higher rating if there was a hot and steamy love scene with Kate and Henry, even a little one would have been fine. But unfortunately the author left me feeling just a little unsatisfied in this department.
I give this a 3.5 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ½
Places you can find Aimée Carter
Links
Website - http://www.aimeecarter.com
Twitter - @aimee_carter
Places you can find Aimée Carter
Links
Website - http://www.aimeecarter.com
Twitter - @aimee_carter


No comments:
Post a Comment