Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5) by Aimee Carter
Release date - July 31st 2012
ebook, 275 pages
Published by Harlequin Teen
Buy it here at harlequin.com
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aimée Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.
Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness....
Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal....
Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another....
James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others-but never knew true loss before....
Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope....
My review
I absolutely loved these background stories of the gods featured in the Goddess test series.
The Goddess Queen (Hera/Calliope's story) really pulled on my heart strings. I could really feel the pain of a woman who's only wish was to have the total and absolute love of a man and it never be granted.
The Lovestruck Goddess (Aphrodite/Ava's story) I found her to be a bit selfish, having to have her cake and eat it too. I felt awful for Hephaestus, he loved her so much he was willing to let Aphrodite have her happiness, even if that meant he could only have a fraction of her love.
Goddess of the Underworld (Persephone's story) I was left feeling unsure about my feelings for this story after all I haven't lived for eons trying to make it work with a man that I never loved. She made perfectly valid points as to why she would rather go on to her afterlife. It did however seem like a complete shot to Hades, seeing as she would rather die then spend eternity with him.
God of thieves (Hermes/James' story) I loved the sense of adventure I felt when I was reading it and enjoyed the connection between James and Tuck. This one was my favorite stories in the book, even the sad ending.
God of Darkness (Hades/Henry's story) no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to connect with Henry. I find him to be depressing and a bit of a whiner, no one likes getting dumped.
Ingrid & Kate's story- I found these stories very helpful in filling in some gabs in the goddess test books and found myself rooting for Ingrid to make it even though I knew that she had to die. If she didn't we wouldn't have Kate and Henry's story.
Over all I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read this book again? Probably not
Places you can find Aimée Carter
Links
Website - http://www.aimeecarter.com
Twitter -@aimee_carter
Would I read this book again? Probably not
Places you can find Aimée Carter
Links
Website - http://www.aimeecarter.com
Twitter -@aimee_carter


No comments:
Post a Comment