-->

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review - Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout






Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released February 20st 2012
ebook, 179 pages
Published by Entangled Publishing
Add it on Goodreads

Description (from Goodreads)

The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.
Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.
 Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved.
 Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.



 My Review

 I positively enjoyed reading Shadows. I found it to be creative and original. All of the characters were well written and enjoyable, even the ones that you loved to hate.
Seeing how I hadn't  read any of the other books in the Lux series I found this prequel to be an excellent introduction into the Luxen world.
Dawson and Bethany's story was touching, how they found love where love was not expected and the tragedy that befell them. The adoration they had for each other was beautiful. On more than one occasion I smiled at their sweetness and even expressed a few " awwws ". Which of course had the people around me giving me some funny looks lol, if they only knew what they were missing.

  When Dawson introduces Bethany to his family they aren't very welcoming. They tell him that she's a risk to their safety, hers as well. But that's something the the couple is willing to risk.

  The ending had me in absolute shock and I can honestly say "I didn't see that coming" there isn't much more I can say about it without spoiling the ending. I will just add that I did do a little grumbling about it when I was finished.
Excited to read Obsidian and read more about Daemon.
I give this a 4 out of 5 stars
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Yes

Places you can find Jennifer L. Armentrout
 Links

No comments:

Post a Comment