Release date - September 18th 2012
Hardcover, 304 pages
Published by - Balzer + Bray
Add it to Goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.
Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?
My Review
All Meg really wants to do over the weekend is sit down with her laptop and write but her best friend Minnie has other plans. A party at White Rock house on Henry Island with boys and good times for the entire weekend and she was insistent on Meg joining her.
Upon their arrival they join the other guests, including T.J., both of the girls crush but for Meg it was a secret because Minnie staked her claim on him years ago. Almost immediately things start going wrong and then someone is dead. A raging storm causes the power to go out, all form of communication is gone, the ferry won't return until Sunday and there is no way to get help. They are alone with a killer on a tiny Island.
As the group of ten slowly gets picked off Meg begins putting together clues perhaps left by the killer and starts to believe that the person responsible for these horrible acts could be one of her friends.
Unfortunately, this story didn't really do it for me. I was only 20% into it when I figured out who the killer was and truthfully, I was a little disappointed when I discovered I was right. The book did have a nice easy going flow with an element or two that had me intrigued. However, the killers reasons for killing these teenagers is, for me, unbelievable and unjustifiable. Being a complete psychopath or an escaped mental patient would have been easier to take in.
I probably would have liked this more when I was a lot younger. If there wasn't talk about so and so hooking up with so and so then I would give it to my ten year old daughter to read, I think she would enjoy it more than I did.
I give this a 2.5 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ½
Would I read it again? No
Places you can find Gretchen McNeil
Links

No comments:
Post a Comment