Happy Easter everyone. I hope that the Easter Bunny found everyone and that there are only minimal sugar induced commas :-)
This past week I haven't had much time to go book hunting but I was able to to get these two.
Free Four: Tobias Tells the Story (Divergent, #1.1) by Veronica Roth
ebook, 13 pages
Add it to goodreads
Normally I wouldn't have any interest in reading a story that is so short but I do miss the Divergent series and would like to revisit the story through Tobias' eyes.
Description (from Goodreads)
#1 New York Times bestselling author retells a pivotal Divergent scene (chapter 13) from Tobias's point of view. This thirteen-page scene reveals unknown facts and fascinating details about Four's character, his past, his own initiation, and his thoughts about new Dauntless initiate Tris Prior.
Touch of Power ( Healer, #1) by Maria V. Snyder
Paperback, 390 pages
Borrow from the Library
Add it to goodreads
I Loved Maria V. Snyder's Inside out/ Outside in series so I basically got this book based on how much I enjoyed them. But it definitely sounds like a story I could get into.
Description (from Goodreads)
Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Territories, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.
Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life....
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Paperback, 215 pages
Borrowed from the Library
Add it to goodreads
When I was comparing books with a friends on Goodreads I ended up reading a review she has on A Monster Calls. She made it sound so good that the title stuck in my head. When I saw it at the library it pretty much jumped out at me and I knew I had to have it.
Description (from Goodreads)
The monster showed up after midnight. As they do.
But it isn't the monster Conor's been expecting. He's been expecting the one from his nightmare, the one he's had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments, the one with the darkness and the wind and the screaming...
This monster is something different, though. Something ancient, something wild. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor.
It wants the truth.



No comments:
Post a Comment