Onyx (Lux, #2)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date - August 14th 2012
Paperback, 366 pages
Published by Entangled Teen
Buy it on Amazon.com
Add it to goodreads
Description (from Goodreads)
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard. But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me? No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
My Review
When Daemons attitude completely changes towards her Katy believes it's only due to their connection from Daemon healing her when she was so close to death. Because of this she questioned whether his intentions were true. Sure, Katy could be interested in a possible relationship with him but not if he doesn't like her for her and not because of their special bond.
Katy began experiencing a strange side affect from Daemon healing her and Blake, the new boy in town, understood what she was experiencing and was helping her work on controlling it. Daemon is not happy about this and strongly voices his opinion. But what choice could Katy possibly have? She doesn't want to be the reason for anyone getting seriously hurt if the Arum attacked and the DOD has been snooping around, she wants to pull her own weight. Plus her mom has been seeing someone and he has been making more and more appearances around the house which is leaving Katy feeling conflicted between her mothers happiness and memories of her father.
Then Katy finds out some mind blowing news, something that could heal Daemon and Dees broken hearts from the loss of their brother.
This story made me feel a mixture of emotions and it was a pleasure to read. I loved how perfectly Daemon and Katy's relationship develops, not to fast, not to slow and officially declare that Daemon is one of my all time favorite book boyfriends. There was a great mixture of intrigue, surprise and mystery that made this an easy to read story.
The friendship between Katy and Dee is awesome. For me Dee's character adds goodness to the story and never let's the fact that Katy is human change how she feels about their friendship. It is nice to know that the Luxen can be a friendly race, that not all of them feel that humans are trouble waiting to happen and weak. As Andrew and Ash continue to insist, but all good stories have those bitches that you love to hate.
Since I read Shadows (Lux #.5) before I started this series I have missing Dawson's presence in Obsidian (Lux #1) and this novel. I have been hoping that he would come back into the story so when Katy finds herself face to face with Bethany I was ecstatic because I knew he would be back eventually.
I feel that Blake gets a pretty raw deal in the story. If you really look at it without being bias you see that he is in the same situation as Daemon and Katy. Sure he's sneaky but once again same situation. His part in the story was shocking in the end but even after that I still liked him, especially his vintage tee-shirts :-)
I really try not to included spoilers in my reviews because I am the kind of person that always reads them and then regrets it later, but yet I do it again. So I won't give away the ending which is the worst thing to spoil. Read it and see for yourself how it ends, you won't regret doing so.
There is only one negative thing I have to say about it, I was annoyed with how often Katy questioned if Daemon was into her and not the alien connection that they share. I found myself rolling my eyes at her after the third time she thought this.
I give Onyx a 4 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
Would I read it again? Yes
Places you can find Jennifer L. Armentrout
Website - www.jenniferarmentrout.com
Twitter - @JLArmentrout
Facebook - www.facebook.com/JenniferLArmentrout
Would I read it again? Yes
Places you can find Jennifer L. Armentrout
Website - www.jenniferarmentrout.com
Twitter - @JLArmentrout
Facebook - www.facebook.com/JenniferLArmentrout



No comments:
Post a Comment