-->

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Blog Tour + Review - Kiya Hope of the Pharaoh by Katie Hamstead




Today I am delighted to present to you my stop on the Kiya: Hope of the Pharaoh book tour. This was a book that I instantly fell in love with and I am excited to explain why.



KIYA: Hope of the Pharaoh (Kiya, #1) by Katie Hamstead
Release date - April 30th 2013
Published by Curiosity Quills Press
Ebook, 257 pages
Add it to Goodreads


Description

When Naomi’s sisters are snatched up to be taken to be wives of the erratic Pharaoh, Akhenaten, she knows they won’t survive the palace, so she offers herself in their place. The fearsome Commander Horemheb sees her courage, and knows she is exactly what he is looking for…

The Great Queen Nefertiti despises Naomi instantly, and strips her of her Hebrew lineage, including her name, which is changed to Kiya. Kiya allies herself with Horemheb, who pushes her to greatness and encourages her to make the Pharaoh fall in love with her. When Akhenaten declares Kiya will be the mother of his heir, Nefertiti, furious with jealousy, schemes to destroy Kiya.

Kiya must play the deadly game carefully. She is in a silent battle of wills, and a struggle for who will one day inherit the crown. If she does bear an heir, she knows she will need to fight to protect him, as well as herself, from Nefertiti who is out for blood.


My Review

I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

  Naomi and her family lived in Thebes, she was a daughter of Jorem of Epheaim and a descendant of Joseph. This made her and her family the closest thing to royalty that her people had. So when the Pharaoh Akhenaten needed a new Hebrew wife, Naomi's family was the first place he looked. Naomi's family was very important to her and fearing that her sisters weren't mentally or physically strong enough to survive the trip to the palace, she willing sacrifices herself to save her them.

 Upon her arrival to Armada She learned that she was to be a gift from Aten(the sun god), sent to bare Akhenaten a heir. She quickly came to be held in high esteem to the Pharaoh, much to Queen Nefertiti's dislike. Nefertiti was #1 and chief wife to the Pharaoh and was willing to do anything necessary to keep things that way.

 Naomi was stripped of her Hebrew heritage and given a new name. She is now called Queen Kiya. She quickly becomes allied with Horemheb, the chief commander, in hopes of earning the favor of Akhenaten and surviving the wrath of the highly jealous Nefertiti. She is able to make friends and gain the love of her husband, but can she give him the son he wants so badly?

 Praises be to Aten, this story was fantastic right down to the beautiful hieroglyphics that ornate the chapters. I am a huge fan of the ancient Egyptians, especially the 18th dynasty and this story includes my favorite royals from that time, Akhenaten and Nefertiti. I never knew any history about Kiya until after I read this book. Even if you have never liked Egyptian history before this book will keep you entertained with it fast paced story line and intriguing look into the ancient Egyptian way of life.

 I loved Kiya. She was a strong woman who stood up for what she believed in and would not back down from a fight. How she willingly took her sisters place to be taken away from her homeland to become one of Akhenaten's many wives shows how protective and loving she is. She is also smart and understands the dangers of living with Nefertiti so close by and quickly learns how to protect herself against her nefarious intentions.

 There was something happening in the story at all times to keep me sucked into the story, I never lost interest even for a minute. I kept on reading until my eyes were going fuzzy. I loved the friendships Kiya made, especially with Mordad, Malachi and Horemheb. These relationships added so much to the story and helped me to connect with Kiya's character even more. Her time spent with her slightly crazy husband was also fantastic to read.

 The first time I read this book I thought it was a stand alone but was very happy to learn that there will be another in the series called Kiya: Mother of a King, due to be released October 25th. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
 I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars.
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯


Buy Kiya: Hope of the Pharaoh here:
Kobo | Amazon US | Amazon UK | B&N






a Rafflecopter giveaway




About Katie Hamstead

Born and raised in Australia, Katie’s early years of day dreaming in the “bush”, and having her father tell her wild bedtime stories, inspired her passion for writing. After graduating High School, she became a foreign exchange student where she met a young man who several years later she married. Now she lives in Arizona with her husband, daughter and their dog.

She has a diploma in travel and tourism which helps inspire her writing. She is currently at school studying English and Creative Writing.

Katie loves to out sing her friends and family, play sports and be a good wife and mother. She now works as a Clerk with a lien company in Arizona to help support her family and her schooling. She loves to write, and takes the few spare moments in her day to work on her novels.

Places you can find the Katie

Facebook | Goodreads | Wattpad

Check out the other stops on the Kiya tour here http://curiosityquills.com/kiya-hope-pharaoh-blog-tour/

No comments:

Post a Comment